• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reinstalled 2.1 and running Task Manager

jldillon

Jan 28, 2010
I just want to say that I recently did a hard reset and reinstalled 2.1. Before this, my battery wasn't lasting but about 8 hrs on a charge...but now with the reinstall of 2.1 and running Task Manager in the background with auto kill on...my battery life is awesome! I unplugged the charger today at noon and it is still showing a 70% charge ten hours later. I don't know if this will help anyone but my phone also seems faster without the lag and the only thing I have done different is what I mentioned above. You might give it a try and see if it helps and let me know if your battery life is better as well as the lag.

Hmmm, see, when I stopped using a task manager my battery life got better. Android really has no need for task managers unless you have a rogue app that won't "sleep."

I'd suggest using Spare Parts to see what was causing the phone to stay awake.

+1 for this. Once I stopped using the task manager, battery life got way better. After I went to 2.1 I didn't even re-install my Task Killer. There really is just no need for it, even if the Sprint rep tells you otherwise. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones