1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Reject Gingerbread, return to FroYo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by marissg3, Sep 21, 2011.

1. marissg3

marissg3 Lurker

I got the new update yesterday, and I hate it. The color scheme is downright ugly, and the fact that the texting buttons are smaller and no longer predict words really frustrates me. Reading over the forums I have seen several suggestions for apps to download, but I really would rather just return to the version I had before, which I think is FroYo. Is this possible? I am a layman and don't even know what rooting means, but if anyone has simple, step by step instructions how to revert I would be very appreciative. I already tried a factory reset, but while it did erase all my personal info, it didn't bring back the old system.

Advertisement

2. zymos

zymos Newbie

After a week's worth of hassles (no 3G was the worst of them) I am happily back with Froyo. I actually rooted and tried out a custom Gingerbread ROM, but I still had the same issues.

[How-to] Revert to LS670V9, after installing OTA LS670VC/VD, using KP500 (Diag mode) - Android Forums

-has everything you need- if you scroll down to the bottom of the first post, you'll see instructions to force flash VD, which is probably where you want to be.
    I had never done this before, and it took me quite a while to read through all the different steps and gather the necessary software. I had plenty of "WTF" moments, but eventually made it through. It's not a trivial process by any means if you are new to it, but the instructions are very thorough.

Good luck!