• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rejoice midrange phone lovers, another new phone (Huawei Vitria)

telegraph

Aug 22, 2012
Reactions: alfick3
Hello folks. I was looking at the metro web and stumbled on the newest metropcs phone. The Huawei Vitria! Huawei Vitria | Huawei Phones | Android Smartphones | No Contract | MetroPCS | MetroPCS . This looks like another fine example of a low midrange phone that Metropcs specializes in.

On a side note, does the word Vitria translate to anything in Chinese? I have no idea what the word means in English.

Vitreous in English refers to the jelly of the eyeball (among other things) - maybe Vitrea is meant to be the plural form? :D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I think ots pointless for people who know what tgey want, who look at the specs of the phone before buying one. For general public who do not care much about CPU, ram, battery mah, variety is very important. They walk into the store to look at 10 phones, if there are only 4 on the shelf, it draws no attention at all. This phone is almost the same as optimus F3 and Valiant. F3 has less space but much better battery.

Upvote 0
I suspect that the vast majority of people want a phone that can make telephone calls. Some may want text, fewer will be interested in email or web access.
The ability to do something "exotic" like show others pictures is well down the list if they ever figure it out.
At least one vendor has got that idea and they offer a smart phone with an app that essentially turns the phone into an old school type phone with limited choices on the main page.

There is also the law of diminishing returns. Few phones on the market today offer six or more times the performance or features that a $100.00 phone does.

Upvote 0
Reactions: AntimonyER
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones