1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

relatively new MT owner de-lurking

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by raillard, Apr 26, 2012.

1. raillard

raillard Newbie
    None

Apr 26, 2012
    Hello!

My name is Hans and I'm having technical fun playing with my recently acquired Motorola Triumph. Using guidance mostly from this forum I've managed to root and unroot it easily with Terminal Emulator, removed the annoying VM startup and shutdown sounds, added a custom splash.img, and bootanimation.zip file (eventually even putting them into the correct folders), with ES File Explorer.

I also have CWM and the touch-version of CWM available, and have tried the CM9/ICS alpha (very impressive for an alpha!) I'm planning to try CM7-Reloaded, as well. At the moment I'm bringing the phone back to a stock state, because it has a touch-screen problem that is getting worse, so I will probably ask VM for a replacement. It's counter-intuitive, but the touch version of CWM is very handy for when the touch screen is dead -- this was a tidbit of info I also found in these forums.

Advertisement

2. kct1975

kct1975 Android Expert
    None

Sep 26, 2011
    Male
    NoVA
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

Be sure to check out the section on the Forum dedicated to the Motorola Triumph.

Also if you want a easy way to access the forum from you phone, be sure to check out the free Phandroid in the Google Play Market.

Welcome and Enjoy!

3. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!!
    None

Feb 15, 2012
    Male
    Web Dev
    Texas
    Hello raillard, and welcome to Android Forums. Good to have you on board. :) Happy to see you found useful info here at AF, you'll find lots of great information here as well as our knowledgeable and generous members who will share that info with you. And don't forget to check out the http://androidforums.com/ and select phones or tablets from the list to find your device and it's area of support to get lots of useful tips and tricks and it's all things root forum. If you need any help please feel free to ask. Enjoy the forums. :)