1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Release Date

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BEARFIST, Jun 1, 2011.

1. BEARFIST

BEARFIST Newbie

Noob question. I googled release date for the S2 but I dont think its released in the US yet? I am confused because some people have it.

2. Gibbyson

Gibbyson Well-Known Member

Nope, not released, some have it from overseas, but thanks for making a thread that made me think someone knew of the actual US release date. hahahaha :)

3. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Android Expert

yep, we paid with an arm and a leg to import one :)
    well worth it, imo, to be contract free, our devices be free of crapware from carriers and it being developer friendly

4. Gibbyson

I may do that eventually, but was hoping to get an LTE version on VW. We will see i guess.

5. daivik

daivik Android Enthusiast

my guesses are, is that you Americans will hopefully get some almost perfect device that improves on the slight (but fair few) software faults that the UK GSIIs have been having.

6. kariya1

kariya1 Newbie

Samsung was supposed to have a press conference for something on May 24, but cancelled it at the last minute and have not rescheduled. Hopefully we hear something soon, since I really want this phone.

7. shark974

shark974 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it's being held up so they can put LTE in the Verizon version and launch it at the same time, so all carriers get delayed for Verizon. Makes me hate Verizon even more.

8. shark974

shark974 Well-Known Member

Would think so, but the GPS in my (bought back at USA launch) Captivate still doesnt work, and they sold the Galaxy S in Europe well before it came to the USA, which still boggles my mind they never caught on the GPS was broken...

9. cb2000a

cb2000a Newbie

Verizon has pretty much sucked lately (and I am one of their customers).

10. Gibbyson

You know, that's a true statement, and i have been with them for years. I think they sacrificed too much to get the dang iphone, and at the same time they are trying to migrate to LTE, too much going on at once, even for verizon. Don't even get me started on FIOS.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews