• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I pre-ordered the 8 inch as well. I see alot of negative comments about Sammy's new tab line-up because of using last year's specs. They have the only small tablets, though, with IR, dual band wifi, and miracast which are all things I wanted in my successor to my HP Touchpad. My son got the 7" tab 2 for Christmas last year and I loved the portability of it, but the screen was just a tad too small for my eyes for web browsing. This one is approx. the same width of the 7" tab 2 with a bigger screen so win, win for me.

Upvote 0
Anyone get theirs yet? I'd like to hear some user feedback.

I got mine on Sunday, release day. So far I love it. The 8" is the perfect size for me. I have only played with it for a couple of hours each day, but everything works good so far as I can tell. I haven't tried the bluetooth or miracast features yet. I did have a couple issues with the a couple of the pre-installed apps not keeping my settings and force closing such as Smart Remote, but after resetting it a few times it seems to be stable now. Overall the weight and size is perfect for portability and one hand operation. I definitely will get a case for it, though. It's thinness feels awkward to me when holding with one hand for any length of time.

Edit: One feature I thought I would point out is that Samsung included the ability to move apps to SD.

Reactions: RadYOacTiVe
Upvote 0
Hey Shark,

Thanks for the reply. Any lag? Can you compare the speed with another tablet? I'm debating spending the extra cash to get the Note 8 for the upgraded processor. I don't care about the S-Pen, I don't use it on my Note 2.

I got mine on Sunday, release day. So far I love it. The 8" is the perfect size for me. I have only played with it for a couple of hours each day, but everything works good so far as I can tell. I haven't tried the bluetooth or miracast features yet. I did have a couple issues with the a couple of the pre-installed apps not keeping my settings and force closing such as Smart Remote, but after resetting it a few times it seems to be stable now. Overall the weight and size is perfect for portability and one hand operation. I definitely will get a case for it, though. It's thinness feels awkward to me when holding with one hand for any length of time.

Edit: One feature I thought I would point out is that Samsung included the ability to move apps to SD.

Upvote 0
I'll have to see if it comes down in price a bit since I've seen the Note 8 drop as low as $300-330 a couple of times but didn't bite to see reviews of the Tab 3.

Rad

If you don't care about the S Pen function of the Note, then you are probably better off buying the Tab 3 8.0 and save $100. I saw a comparision of the two tablets by the GSMArena team and the only real dfference between the 2 tablets is the slightly faster
Processor and the S Pen function.

Upvote 0
007Shark

'One feature I thought I would point out is that Samsung included the ability to move apps to SD.'

Wow - I haven't read this in any of the reviews for the Tab 3 8.0.....by SD do you mean the external SD card or are you talking about internal SD allocated memory?

I'm getting mine tomorrow and I can't wait to try it out.

I just tested this with Angry Birds Star Wars. I moved the app to SD in App Manager and saw the available space on my fresh 8GB microSD decrease. To verify, I used 2 different file managers and neither could see any files on my microSD. So I removed the microSD and plugged it into my desktop and the angry birds file is there about 60MB but in a different file format than I was expecting. "com.rovio.angrybirdsstarwars.ads.iap-1.asec"

So, yes app to SD moves it to your external microSD card.

Hey Shark,

Thanks for the reply. Any lag? Can you compare the speed with another tablet? I'm debating spending the extra cash to get the Note 8 for the upgraded processor. I don't care about the S-Pen, I don't use it on my Note 2.

I have yet to notice any lag, but I don't have a bunch of widgets loaded on it either. I also still have lots of internal storage left. I know both of these can also contribute to lag. I have been playing alot of HD video on it wirelessly using Plex and Dish Anywhere and it has not hiccuped once.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones