• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Release] Update to Baseband C_01.3E.03P

OK, upgrade whore here, just applied it. I booted into recovery to apply it (clockwork) but could also have started the process from ROM Manger, right?

As noted, had to re-sign into gmail accounts, also had to re-sign into corporate email account (had a scary moment where calendar stopped syncing).

My System Select was and is set to "automatic" not "home."

I've never changed my vocode to EVRC-B - voice quality has always been great for me, haven't seen any reason to make a change.

Thanks for posting this, Fab, I had stopped watching that thread, and would have likely missed th3steve's post...

Upvote 0
-76 for me! is that better or worse?

The closer the number is to zero, the better. But I think once it gets to the -50's, there's actually problems with the signal being too strong.

But to put it this way, my Tour used to report -80dB as a perfect signal (in fact, it never went higher than that).

With my Droid, I've seen signals as high as -59dB. So Motorola did a good job with the radio in this phone :D

Reactions: geekabilly
Upvote 0
Just did the update, but now I can't sign into google. It keeps giving me a sign in error. Im using UD 9.0 could that be the problem?

I can surf the internet though...Don't know what to do now.

I think I read somewhere some were having an issue with Gmail and a reboot did the trick.

Update: its been about half an hour and at the office I normally go between 1x and 2 bars, so far I have been on a solid 3-4 bars (never gotten that here). I know it will vary for everyone but it's definitely made a huge difference in my area! The real test will be tonight at home (1 bar only by the window and PC) I live in a cell death trap (4 stories of cement/steel hurricane walls)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones