• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Release] Update to Baseband C_01.3E.03P

After I dl'ed this from RomManager it made my Cyanogen 5.053 Rom act funny. It re-applied unlock pattern and now it won't let me turn it off. I go into location and security settings but the option to uncheck is grayed out. Weird!

I agree, it IS weird! I had the lock screen pattern glitch happen to me once (I showed a friend with a Droid how to do it on my phone, then when I tried to disable it, I had the same problem you describe). I restored my last full nandroid backup made prior to setting the pattern and the problem went away.

I understand that restoring from your last backup will not affect the baseband update, so maybe you could try that?

Reactions: GolfnDroid
Upvote 0
Well, successful install, except that it didn't prompt me to log into Google again - but under the accounts it says "sync error".

It tells me that the only way to remove the account is a factory reset. I'd rather not set the whole damn phone up again, to be honest.

Any way around this?

Never mind - logging in through the market fixed it.

We'll see what it does!

I had the same issue, select the notification and it will ask you for your password..

Upvote 0
Well, I hope it's just a tower problem - but while my signal strength appears to be about the same. My data speeds have gone from around 2mbps to barely getting .5 on the down. Strength is still around the 3 bars. This is really frustrating. Have tried multiple activations just in case the first one was botched. Will have to see what I get at home tonight - but I am not impressed so far.

When I tried this yesterday, I noticed the same thing.

Tried again this morning, and speeds were just under 2, which is what I have seen before. So I chalk it up to the network, time - not the phone.

Looks like my signal has improved a bit, from -98 to -90 on average but to be honest, I wasn't hawking the signal strength before. ;)

Upvote 0
Fab...and others doing this. There's an updated version of the baseband update in the thread that Fab links to in the OP...

The udpated version is pulled from the final 2.1 release from Moto/Verizon and has some updated files.

I (and others) have used the updated version to update over the zip that th3steve provided, and it works fine.

See post number 103 on page 11 of the thread.

Another benefit of the updated version is that it does not require you to sign into your accounts after applying it.

Fab, you might want to update your OP w/this info.

Reactions: Fabolous
Upvote 0
Does this new version change or improve on anything from the previous version other than not needing to sign in? In other words, if we've already done this, is there a reason to do it again?

The reason to do it again would be that what you have wasn't deemed ready for release by VZW/Moto...you can certainly stay on the version you have, but I updated based on the thought that they probably had a good reason for creating a newer version...takes time and money to create/debug/test/release new code, companies don't do it lightly.

Upvote 0
Do we rename it as update.zip to install through recovery since it's named something else?

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Just tried it. Used the method above and no problems. Speedtest.net speeds are up already. The first update has some sluggish speeds for some reason. Never got any errors like others, though.

Upvote 0
My girlfriend got the OTA update yesterday but the download screen just hung for about 3 hours before i told her to power it off. When it started up the update had completed, her firmware and build were correct, but the baseband had not updated. I'm going to apply this manual update to her phone. Do I just do it like I was following the instructions for a manual 2.1 update?

Upvote 0
Hey Fab. I installed this (and your nextTHEME ESE81) and love both. However, now I'm having SD card problems, the Droid doesn't see it. This happened to me before and a re-format fixed it. If it doesn't fix it this time, and I have to use the "don't be afraid to root" sticky, (done that twice before too), in order to return the phone to Verizon, will that return the radio to original version as well? Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones