• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Release] Update to Baseband C_01.3E.03P

UPDATE - New file created by Gearhead Geek that does not require reactivation or sign in. Can be found here:

AllDroid

Additionally, it preserves your vocode settings as well.

OP
-----------------------------
That's right folks,

This was the goodie that I wanted from the OTA update the most, and now, thanks to t3hSteve at Alldroid, it is available to us in update.zip form. Confirmed success with Clockwork recovery, and I have done it as well with SPRecovery 0.99.3b.

You WILL be prompted to reactivate your phone, and also, re-enter your Google password.

Link:

Baseband results anyone? Bueller?

Screenshot:

CAP2010033020561.jpg

Additionally, I would suggest you reenter your programming menu (dial ##PROGRAM) to change your vocode to EVRC-B.

The SPC password is 000000

I did the update.zip and rebooted....I called in to reactivate and got it reprogrammed and got the prl updated....all looks good so far...I never had to re sign into my google account

Upvote 0
Ok, so I have read this whole thread and havent seen the error that i just ran into with attemping to update my baseband. I renamed it to update.zip and tried to apply. i got this error in my nandroid menu and then figured i would try to unzip in on my pc and got another error through winrar. i tried to re-download the file and same issue occured... what am I doing wrong ?
running BB 0.7.5, (2.0.1)

Attachments

• error1 3P.bmp
    128.3 KB · Views: 49
  • error2 3P.PNG
    error2 3P.PNG
    6.3 KB · Views: 49
Upvote 0
Ok, so I have read this whole thread and havent seen the error that i just ran into with attemping to update my baseband. I renamed it to update.zip and tried to apply. i got this error in my nandroid menu and then figured i would try to unzip in on my pc and got another error through winrar. i tried to re-download the file and same issue occured... what am I doing wrong ?
running BB 0.7.5, (2.0.1)

Have you tried redownloading the file. Sounds like a corrupt zip file

Upvote 0
Hey Fabolous, since i already have an update.zip file in there would i have to remove that one and add this one or can I have both in there?

You don't need to remove the other one, but just rename it. So if it's a rom or something, just rename it to update-bugless.zip or something, and have this one (the one you're currently trying to use) as update.zip. Once you're done, you can rename them back (or delete, whatever).

Upvote 0
Duh I should have known from the picture. Might want to give it a shot it clockwork or try reflashing spr then giving it another shot

question... Ive always opened the zip files we use to update whatever it may be on our droids and i have never gotten an error like i did the one above in the picture. does this mean the file is corrupt ? and if so how come it works for everyone else ? i was thinking about flashing spr again but then i thought to myself that i just did a nandroid backup and it worked fine ..

Upvote 0
question... Ive always opened the zip files we use to update whatever it may be on our droids and i have never gotten an error like i did the one above in the picture. does this mean the file is corrupt ? and if so how come it works for everyone else ? i was thinking about flashing spr again but then i thought to myself that i just did a nandroid backup and it worked fine ..

Im a little confused by the first sentence there. You opened the zip file. There is no reason to do that and if you are unzipping it that could be your problem. You just need to be sure it is named update.zip and have it in the root of your sd card.

Honestly I am not sure why this is happening and was just guess when I said flash spr again. It can not hurt to do so and is quite easy with rom manager or a terminal emulator.

You could also do the baseband update in clockwork then flash right back to spr. Rom manager can flash both recoveries so it would be quite easy.

Upvote 0
Just reflashed spr and it didnt change anything, i might just have to check out clockwork, thank you

edit : i dont have any more ideas , anyone else has feel free. i just flashed into clockwork and am having the same issue. maybe someone else has the file they used ?

edit: http://mydroidfiles.com/downloads/basebandupdate.zip - this file worked fine with clockwork

Attachments

• clockwork error.PNG
    clockwork error.PNG
    10.6 KB · Views: 51
Upvote 0
EXPERIENCE
Terrible. I flashed this a couple weeks ago via ROM Manager, and my voice quality went down the tubes. Phone dropped calls, people complained that they couldn't hear me, and people were getting VZW errors and busy signals when they called me.
I wouldn't see missed calls or even receive them sometimes and they went straight to VM.

So yeah, not doing this again without the original file to reflash.

Upvote 0
EXPERIENCE
Terrible. I flashed this a couple weeks ago via ROM Manager, and my voice quality went down the tubes. Phone dropped calls, people complained that they couldn't hear me, and people were getting VZW errors and busy signals when they called me.
I wouldn't see missed calls or even receive them sometimes and they went straight to VM.

So yeah, not doing this again without the original file to reflash.

so if I experience the same how does one go back to their previous baseband? :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones