• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[RELEASED] The 4.3 inch "Thunderbolt" aka "Mecha" aka "Incredible HD" from HTC...beyond coming soon!

WorldOfJohnboy:from DF said:
Just another thing I realized last night and today... the placement of the USB port on the phone is not ideal. It is on the left side of the phone, so when you pop out the kickstand and want to charge it with a standard USB cable, you can't put the phone in Landscape mode. (I charged it on my nightstand last night in Portrait mode.)

I am hoping that this was done so that you can use some sort of docking station, but I thought that if someone didn't want to get the Dock and just use the kickstand, it's going to present issues. About the only thing I can think of would be to purchase an angeled USB cable or adapter.

This has already been brought up in another thread as a possible design flaw, and this guy who has the demo phone agrees. What would be the point of a dock if it has a kickstand?

Upvote 0
This has already been brought up in another thread as a possible design flaw, and this guy who has the demo phone agrees. What would be the point of a dock if it has a kickstand?

do you have a dock with you 24/7? I will assume most likely not. Will you have the kickstand with you 24/7? well, unless something tragic happens that is a definite yes.

the kickstand is just something to use when you are out and about without access to the dock

Reactions: odiej34
Upvote 0
do you have a dock with you 24/7? I will assume most likely not. Will you have the kickstand with you 24/7? well, unless something tragic happens that is a definite yes.

the kickstand is just something to use when you are out and about without access to the dock

And by using the kickstand you are not allowed to charge it in any way. I would say that is probably in the ToS somewhere. :D

Upvote 0
teddy13s teddy srour
@
@black_man_x Panda it is march, can you please give us something new on the bolt, dont u agree its getting out of hand with the delay?!?!
19 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
in reply to ↑

@black_man_x
The Mobile Panda
@teddy13s delay? Can't delay what hasn't been announced
3 minutes ago via Seesmic for Android Favorite Reply

black_man_x The Mobile Panda
@
@teddy13s but ur right it is out of hand... sad situation how the hype machine has spun out of control
2 minutes ago Favorite Reply

_____

@black_man_x
The Mobile Panda
Remember for ALL your personal or corp design/logo needs holla at the pandas approved designer @dbgoolsby and u too can have a bad ass logo!
7 minutes ago via Seesmic for Android Favorite Reply

Upvote 0
lol. I would really like to know why they chose to do it that way. they either did it to make you have to purchase a dock, or they did it because it just wouldn't work anywhere else

The Evo has suffered from the charging port breaking loose from the motherboard, some kind of QA issue.

The Evo Shift has a side-mounted usb port that seems WAY more secure - and the photos seem to show that the Bolt has been given the same quality upgrade.

It would seem to me that either of these phones - perhaps the whole new series - might be getting designed with a standardized docking port in mind - just a guess, tho. ;)

If true, that might explain the side location.

Either way, as noted - the Bolt can stand in profile (something we Evo owners suggested by the way, and wish mine could do that) so unless they put in on the right side and said screw the dock, bottom or left side was bound to displease some.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
lol. I would really like to know why they chose to do it that way. they either did it to make you have to purchase a dock, or they did it because it just wouldn't work anywhere else

Based on the few times I've seen the EVO, it seems like they could have easily flipped the pivot point on the kickstand so that it would lay with the usb port facing up.... but what the heck do I know?

Upvote 0
O
Anyone currently use an HTC device? Any gripes about Sense? I'm not a huge fan of how their email app is, but I'm not familiar with the Android o/s at all either. I'm hoping there are other email app's you can replace the Sense app with, just like there are other messaging app's you can replace the stock Sense with.

I've never heard anyone complain about the email app on Android, on any device for that matter...its pretty standard across the industry in my opinion

Upvote 0
Anyone currently use an HTC device? Any gripes about Sense? I'm not a huge fan of how their email app is, but I'm not familiar with the Android o/s at all either. I'm hoping there are other email app's you can replace the Sense app with, just like there are other messaging app's you can replace the stock Sense with.

Used a few HTC Sense devices and they are great the email sets up easy and works flawlessly . There are other email programs I was using K-9 email for along time but recently went back to the stock email app and am probably gonna stay with it. Really the email works great , I wouldn't worry about it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones