• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[RELEASED] The 4.3 inch "Thunderbolt" aka "Mecha" aka "Incredible HD" from HTC...beyond coming soon!

I just read a comment on AC that the EVO2 is being released on March 22nd. Is that just a rumor (let's not get into that)?!?! Either way, I wonder if Verizon's strategy is to release the Thunderbolt in tandem with the EVO2 to take away from Sprint. Pretty much the same phone right?

That seems the most likely reason for a delay if the delay is due to marketing strategy.

Upvote 0
interesting story here, not confirmed at all (but what is these days). could potentially explain why many were so convinced that an announcement was to be made yesterday (and now today). we shall see.

HTC Thunderbolt – Conversations with a VZW Insider | Sentrix Nation

This is the same kid that posted that there would be an 11:00AM announcement Wednesday - didn't happen. He said that the phones were shipping as of 9:00 AM this morning. Bennnnn at AC said he checked the VZW sysems this morning and NO TBolt phones were being shipped. I think this college kid's "sources" are neither reliable nor accurate if measured by the previous performance of his posts.

R

Upvote 0
This is the same kid that posted that there would be an 11:00AM announcement Wednesday - didn't happen. He said that the phones were shipping as of 9:00 AM this morning. Bennnnn at AC said he checked the VZW sysems this morning and NO TBolt phones were being shipped. I think this college kid's "sources" are neither reliable nor accurate if measured by the previous performance of his posts.

R

+1

Upvote 0
well it seems like this and the droidforums tb threads have both died for the most part. Maybe we are all giving up on it finally? I wonder what would happen if they finally released it on May 3rd or whatever and only 1276 people bought them? Lol maybe they would learn their lesson about leaks, and false expectations...

Or it would teach them to be on point like Apple.

I agree with you.

Upvote 0
I just read a comment on AC that the EVO2 is being released on March 22nd. Is that just a rumor (let's not get into that)?!?! Either way, I wonder if Verizon's strategy is to release the Thunderbolt in tandem with the EVO2 to take away from Sprint. Pretty much the same phone right?

That seems the most likely reason for a delay if the delay is due to marketing strategy.

Yea if verizon is stupid at marketing they will do it. Why not launch it now and get those people to sign up, why allow sprint to bring in competition when you have none at this time and you have a shot at having the best HTC phone on your network. I think it will be a bad strategy to sit on a phone that is ready to be launched just so you can run in to competition in two weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if they are sitting on the phone just so they can tell Mr. Steve Jobs on how many iphones they have sold.

Upvote 0
Yea if verizon is stupid at marketing they will do it. Why not launch it now and get those people to sign up, why allow sprint to bring in competition when you have none at this time and you have a shot at having the best HTC phone on your network. I think it will be a bad strategy to sit on a phone that is ready to be launched just so you can run in to competition in two weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if they are sitting on the phone just so they can tell Mr. Steve Jobs on how many iphones they have sold.

That is what Steve told them to do. :D

Upvote 0
Whom did you promise? How did you announce it? Is there no latitude that you're dead and unable to respond?

And there's the trouble with hypotheticals - they often lead only to where they're cast forth. ;)

What happens to the chickens....I'm getting kinda hungry....;)

Go ahead... make fun of me. You can't hurt my feelings... I'm immortal! :p

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Hi, my name is Brian and I'm a Androidholic :)

I'm telling you...this is ALL marketing.

Wow, I am the world's biggest der der derrrr...
I have been here a while now and just glance over at avatars as I see them. I've seen your's for some time and it caught my eye due to the superhero thing, but never got it until just now. AND I FIND IT HYSTERICAL AND AWESOME, haha. Man, I'm so 1X. :)

Upvote 0
Quote from Insider on other forum:

Bennnnn

Sorry guys, no updates today unless you're interested in the Blackberry Storm 3... which doesn't even compare to the Thunderbolt.

The 10th is on schedule as far as I have been told. No clue as to what is happening with this announcement, but I expect it any day now since everything is ready for launch and was planned for two days ago. I'll try to dig up some info over the weekend regarding the announcement and why they are holding off again.

EDIT: This device WILL be getting HTCsense.com shortly after launch. It is coming. No Thunderbolts have shipped yet.

Upvote 0
Same here. I check less and less the more days that pass. What an ugly mess this has been while I wait for my first smartphone.

True - but for your first smartphone - wow!

Both in the sense of the drama and what you'll end up with. ;)

Yeah...I'm thinking you shouldn't go with the T-Bolt as your first smartphone...

You should probably work your way up to it so your head won't be completely blown off your neck! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones