• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[RELEASED] The 4.3 inch "Thunderbolt" aka "Mecha" aka "Incredible HD" from HTC...beyond coming soon!

Verizon just showed a 4G commercial saying "coming December" so maybe we will see the Merge and Incredible HD before 2011.

Let's hope it's not just a USB pcstick or MiFi device..releasing a LTE capable smartphone like the Incredible HD in 2010 even if it's not deployed until Q1 2011 should work, even the EVO was launched before WiMAX was available in the majority of markets..

Verizon Releases First 4G LTE Commercial, Coming December 2010 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

http://www.youtube.com/user/VerizonWireless

4G LTE Network | Verizon Wireless

Upvote 0
quite the contrary the 4g coverage area is VERY limited and will be for some time. i could not care less if it is 4g. by the time i get 4g coverage i will have another upgrade.

have you thought about how many versions are there of the og droid from motorola? three versions of pretty much the same phone. perhaps there will be little tweaks made to the hd as well.

i am not going to stick my neck out on the line and say this phone will come out this year. only what i think may happen drawing this conclusion from a trusted source.

i have a x arriving later this week so i am covered either way lol!

Upvote 0
Yeah the 4g rollout is not gonna be instant. By the time 4g is readily available to most of us, I'm sure we'll be ready to upgrade to a new [better] phone. Until then, Inc HD will be just fine. If it doesn't come out by the time Verizon's "Smartphones talk free" promotions ends, I'll just get an Incredible. I'm really tired of the crappy Eris.

Upvote 0
if that is the case then why the hold up. i think most of us wouldnt get it if its only cdma. and then if you release an LTE version in 2 months there will surely be alot of hell raised!

I would get it because lte wont be up in most areas for atleast months if not a year so personally a cdma version would be fine and i wouldnt have to pay for 4g

Upvote 0
I am also not concerned with the 4g or LTE capabilities at this time. I'm in Montana and it will be 2 years before we get 4g so I'll take a 3g Inc HD when it comes out. Then I will also be eligible for an upgrade by the time 4g gets here. I like the Samsung Fascinate's form factor but hate Touch Whiz. I've been waiting for a 4" HTC phone but am not going to switch carriers. I need to stick with Verizon because they have the best coverage where I am so the EVO is not a possibility. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: ckochinsky125
Upvote 0
I am also not concerned with the 4g or LTE capabilities at this time. I'm in Montana and it will be 2 years before we get 4g so I'll take a 3g Inc HD when it comes out. Then I will also be eligible for an upgrade by the time 4g gets here. I like the Samsung Fascinate's form factor but hate Touch Whiz. I've been waiting for a 4" HTC phone but am not going to switch carriers. I need to stick with Verizon because they have the best coverage where I am so the EVO is not a possibility. Just my 2 cents.

I live in Montana too... and I highly doubt there will be a 3G only version of Incredible HD... it just doesnt make business sense to have a seperate production line. More than likely it'll be like the Evo 4G where you will just end up using it in 3G network most of the time.

Upvote 0
I live in Montana too... and I highly doubt there will be a 3G only version of Incredible HD... it just doesnt make business sense to have a seperate production line. More than likely it'll be like the Evo 4G where you will just end up using it in 3G network most of the time.

Well that's fine, as long as it's backwards compatible. It wouldn't make much sense to put out a phone that is 4g or faster only and not compatible with the 3g network. I thought I had seen a few posts that mentioned no backwards compatibility with some phones but I could be wrong.

Upvote 0
Well that's fine, as long as it's backwards compatible. It wouldn't make much sense to put out a phone that is 4g or faster only and not compatible with the 3g network. I thought I had seen a few posts that mentioned no backwards compatibility with some phones but I could be wrong.

No worries all the 4g phones will also work with 3g when there is no 4g coverage available

Upvote 0
ok so i just left my local verizon store a few hours ago and had an interesting talk with a salesman there. i told him i had a coouple upgrades and was looking at phones.
after a while he came back and asked if i had seen anything i liked to which i replied "i think my next phone is coming out on the 23 of november". he looked at me confused and i said "you know the new incredible. i think it is called the incredible hd".
at this point he was really looking at me funny and asked "are you with corporate "?
i awkwardly said ""no haha". he said well how do you know about that phone? and i just smiled.
he said let me check on something and walked over to the manager they looked up something on the computer and talked for a second. he came back and said that this phone will indeed be released on 11-23 and he took my phone number and told me that he will call me when they get them in and put two back for me if i still want them! he also gave me his card

guess that was bogus, huh?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones