• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[RELEASED] The 4.3 inch "Thunderbolt" aka "Mecha" aka "Incredible HD" from HTC...beyond coming soon!

It's not too much of a shock to me but sorta is lol. Anyways... I read somewhere that HTC is a big supported of Nvidia. They actually ordered a bunch of Tegra 2 Processors in September.. I'll search for the link in a bit (sorry gotta run). But if this is dual core this would be a big surprise and hit.

Keep up the info Brown200. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Didn't hear back about the screen resolution yet, but did hear about the processor. It's actually suppose to be a Tegra 2 processor, not a Snapdragon.

brown200 you sure this guy is not playing you (or are you jerking us around):eek:?

I'm curious after seeing pictures about where the Mecha's speaker/s is/are & their quality because the EVO speaker is surprisingly good despite its rear location next to the camera where you can see there is no speaker grill in this location of the Mecha.

Sprint-HTC-EVO-4G-1.jpg

Vs.
IMG_20100827_131036.jpg

LG Star Hands On by GSM Israel with Tegra 2 & bottom edge stereo speakers in LG Star can be seen.

I'd be happy if Verizon would mention its specs & launchdate (I'm not expecting it but maybe if there is a Q&A):

Verizon launching LTE on December 5th, two transforming 4G USB modems hitch a wild ride -- Engadget

Upvote 0
I agree with all of you. Tegra 2 does not sound like it would be in this device at all. We'll just have to see how this pans out. But with that said, it was a casual conversation basically asking the Mecha would be out dated at launch versus the rumored Moto Enta and others. And he replied simply with having a tegra 2 would definitely compete with dual core devices.

Im just relaying info, not stating fact. I don't see why there would be any pulling of chains since this isn't a friend, but really more of corporate networking colleague of mine.

Upvote 0
I agree with all of you. Tegra 2 does not sound like it would be in this device at all. We'll just have to see how this pans out. But with that said, it was a casual conversation basically asking the Mecha would be out dated at launch versus the rumored Moto Enta and others. And he replied simply with having a tegra 2 would definitely compete with dual core devices.

Im just relaying info, not stating fact. I don't see why there would be any pulling of chains since this isn't a friend, but really more of corporate networking colleague of mine.

Why did he change his story on the processor?:eek:

Verizon 4G LTE Launches December 5th [OFFICIAL] | Android Phone Fans
Engadget's Verizon mediaconference coverage highlights:​

12:05AM The two USB modems from LG and Pantech will each run $99.99 after $50 rebate.

12:04AM Well, we still haven't started, but we've seen the press release: $50 for 5GB, $80 for 10GB with $10/GB overage on both plans.

12:07AM On a side note: our dear leader Josh has just received his LTE modem. He says it's "huge" (physically, not metaphorically).

12:08AM It's officially official: launch is Sunday, December 5th (which we knew). They're claiming a 10x boost over the company's EV-DO network.
---
12:18AM They'll be "talking more" about other devices at CES, which they anticipate launching by "mid 2011." We suspect that's actually a bit on the safe side -- everything we've heard suggests they'll have phones out earlier.

12:25AM "This is for simple laptop connectivity." Jeff says they'll be talking about "consumer-oriented devices" (translation: phones) at CES.

12:33AM "At some point in the future" Verizon might integrate LTE and 3G plans into one -- around the time that they start transmitting voice over LTE -- but Melone's generally dodging the question of plan unification pretty artfully. It's certainly not integrated to start, you'll be paying separately for LTE. He's thinking late 2012, early 2013 for the integration.

According to 4G LTE Network | Verizon Wireless I'll be covered by LTE by end of 2010 but I'm not going to postpone the EVO until mid 2011 or months. I'll likely get it within the next 10 days so when the CES announcements indicate release dates I'll still have the 30 day return option. I don't think the EVO will disappoint too much in the interim.

Upvote 0
Why did he change his story on the processor?:eek:

He didn't. He only told me of the speed being at 1.3ghz rather than 1.2ghz. I assumed it was the Snapdragon. While talking about dual core, is when he mentioned Tegra 2. Again, I agree that it's not what anyone has been reporting so it's hard to believe. We'll definitely know by Jan 5th at worst. Hopefully before then.

Upvote 0
He didn't. He only told me of the speed being at 1.3ghz rather than 1.2ghz. I assumed it was the Snapdragon. While talking about dual core, is when he mentioned Tegra 2. Again, I agree that it's not what anyone has been reporting so it's hard to believe. We'll definitely know by Jan 5th at worst. Hopefully before then.

He told you he was holding one back in their office, 1.3 GHz Tegra2?

Nvidia is allowing it to be overclocked?:

NVIDIA Tegra Mobile Processor
Click View More:
"Specifications
Processor and Memory Subsystem
Dual-core ARM

Upvote 0
like i said, someone is either pulling your chain and you are gobbling it up or you are trying to yank ours.

There is no way I'm yanking anyone's chain in here. I have been talking with some of these guys for some time now and have a great relationship with them.

I'm not a kid in school or dealing with the local vz rep. I'm in a corporate setting dealing with corp execs, not C-level, but high enough to trust. They have no reason to pull my chain at all. Again it was a casual conversation talking about the Mecha being obsolete before its even unveiled bc of the dual core chips. That's all.

I honestly can't wait for this phone, and any information I get I'll relay, but if you want me to keep it to myself since it may or may not be what is being reported then I'll keep quiet. No big deal.

Upvote 0
There is no way I'm yanking anyone's chain in here. I have been talking with some of these guys for some time now and have a great relationship with them.

I'm not a kid in school or dealing with the local vz rep. I'm in a corporate setting dealing with corp execs, not C-level, but high enough to trust. They have no reason to pull my chain at all. Again it was a casual conversation talking about the Mecha being obsolete before its even unveiled bc of the dual core chips. That's all.

I honestly can't wait for this phone, and any information I get I'll relay, but if you want me to keep it to myself since it may or may not be what is being reported then I'll keep quiet. No big deal.

We're not trying to silence honesty, just trying to make sense of what you are reporting which naturally may involve some source scrutiny. Please don't take the incredulity personally. (I think we're here to learn in a good spirited way:D).

Frankly by the time it will be released I'll no longer be that interested unless it's Tegra2. It would likely still sell if it didn't but not be considered such a top dog handset.

If I had a great relationship with them I'd challenge them a bit on those specs but that's your call, keep us informed:)

Upvote 0
We're not trying to silence honesty, just trying to make sense of what you are reporting which naturally may involve some source scrutiny. Please don't take the incredulity personally. (I think we're here to learn in a good spirited way:D).

Frankly by the time it will be released I'll no longer be that interested unless it's Tegra2. It would likely still sell if it didn't but not be considered such a top dog handset.

If I had a great relationship with them I'd challenge them a bit on those specs but that's your call, keep us informed:)

You got it. I'm not taking any of this personally. I really didn't want to stir this room up like the debacle at Droid Forums a few weeks back.

Any tidbit of info I get I'll forward it asap!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones