• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[RELEASED] The 4.3 inch "Thunderbolt" aka "Mecha" aka "Incredible HD" from HTC...beyond coming soon!

So I got my TB on the 1-year price for $319. I wasn't a Verizon customer so cannot confirm how having a NE2 would affect the purchase online vs. in-store. Also, the multimedia dock was NOT available yet. They only had the Droid X dock on display in the store. The associate thought they might have had some in the back, but found they hadn't gotten them yet. Only TB accessories they had on display were cases, car chargers, and GPS mounts. Meh. Still wondering if the dock will have HDMI out... Any other info available on it?

Upvote 0
Found out that I got some bad info at the store...and on my subsequent call. I'm going to have to figure out how I can get the 1 year contract now that I've bought the phone...

I just don't think everyone @ Verizon is on the same page with this device!

Edit: I called in and explained the situation to another rep. She put me on hold for about 10 minutes...came back and said they could charge the extra $70 on my next bill and would switch me from a 2 year contract to a 1 year contract. I'm happy now! :)

Anyone else having problems at the stores with 1 year contracts?

Upvote 0
Wow this freaking sucks! I went to BB to get my TB around 8. I waited for someone to activate it until about 8:30. Then as I start to get set up, the sales guy gets an error. He tells me that apparently you have to call Verizon to activate all 4G devices. So he calls and get put on hold. After about 5 minutes, he gives up and tells me to come back tomorrow. I was so close!!!!!!!!! I could see the Thunderbolt. ARRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Upvote 0
Wow this freaking sucks! I went to BB to get my TB around 8. I waited for someone to activate it until about 8:30. Then as I start to get set up, the sales guy gets an error. He tells me that apparently you have to call Verizon to activate all 4G devices. So he calls and get put on hold. After about 5 minutes, he gives up and tells me to come back tomorrow. I was so close!!!!!!!!! I could see the Thunderbolt. ARRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sounds to me like he was ready to go home. From what you said he was on the way to activating it but just didnt want to wait and gave up at your expense.

Upvote 0
wow i wouldnt have let that happen! you can activate it right there yourself. stand up for yourself next time bro

Did BMX ever post up whatever it is he had to say about the phone/launch that he couldn't reveal till after launch?

not yet but he isnt on twitter right now, only his blog

Upvote 0
I don't get it. Amazon let's me order the phone for $180 (haven't gone through checkout, though) but there's only one line on the account eligible for upgrade (family plan). How will Amazon verify which line gets the upgrade? Will it take me to a screen to enter in the primary's phone number, and then pull up account details?

I can't imagine that Verizon would let Amazon tap into their database for that kind of info, given that Amazon undercuts Verizon on pricing.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: I went to the very end and saw that they do somehow check eligibility. Duh. Just in case anyone wanted to know. Now, to convince my sister to give me her upgrade (only one on a plan of 5 lines)...hmm.

Also, would it be possible to switch to a 4G data plan so I can lock in the pricing for now, if I'm not eligible for an upgrade?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones