• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[RELEASED] The 4.3 inch "Thunderbolt" aka "Mecha" aka "Incredible HD" from HTC...beyond coming soon!

Sorry if I'm behind the curve, but I don't feel like reading 13 pages of posts haha. Does anyone know the specs of this phone?

Processor, internal memory, what's it's running? :p
"NO" is the best answer. LOL

the only things confirmed are what you see in the pictures....kuz you can see it. The rest are rumors; well supported ones AND high hopes.

basically if you just think of all the rational possibilities for internals...you know as much as the rest of us. lol

Reactions: gobluejd
Upvote 0
That's why we have seidio :) lol

i dont understand why so many people complain...its like do you not understand how electronics work!? just buy a bigger battery/monitor your use and stfuuuuu. LOL

If i hear 1 more person compare battery life to their old blackberry curve im going to shoot myself lol

Bigger battery = bigger phone. This thing is gonna be big enough as it is. Some of us do not feel it should be necessary to have to personally pay for a battery upgrade to make our phone last a full day, while turning our phone into a pocket-busting brick. And I am comparing to an Incredible. And your'e talking to an I.T. admin of 10 years, I think I understand electronics.

Upvote 0
The pics look great. Too bad we don't know the specs on it. It looks VERY similar to the Evo. If it's a dual core device, then I'll jump on over to Verizon for it. If not, I'll wait awhile and see what else hits in the next couple of months- I don't want to double my monthly cell phone bill just for a phone on Verizon- it needs to be properly equipped for me to make the move. In the mean time, I'll rock the Evo.

Upvote 0
The pics look great. Too bad we don't know the specs on it. It looks VERY similar to the Evo. If it's a dual core device, then I'll jump on over to Verizon for it. If not, I'll wait awhile and see what else hits in the next couple of months- I don't want to double my monthly cell phone bill just for a phone on Verizon- it needs to be properly equipped for me to make the move. In the mean time, I'll rock the Evo.

Yeah imagine this with dual core, hdmi mirroring, 1080 capture-playback & of course acceptable battery life..:Dunfortunately it looks like that will remain in our imaginations..:eek:

I'm still within my 30 days on my EVO until mid Jan so will check it out (looks leaner & speaker/s looks interesting) but I also got my first Sprint bill today (not due until almost mid Jan) & was not the $80 range I expected so if I stick with the EVO will have to work on that. Let's see what Verizon does with pricing..:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I was looking at the newly leaked photos of the Thunderbolt, and I noticed something.

On the pics of the back, just above and to the side of the dual led flash, there are two pin holes. I was reading about the leaked photos on another tech blog (bgr or engadget maybe) and one of the commenters said having the speaker behind the kickstand was a fail. I'm wondering if the two pin holes are the speakerphone, and maybe the speaker behind the kickstand (if that's what it is) is for media and is activated either by extending the kickstand or by a software button on the phone.

It may not even be a speaker behind the kickstand (some have speculated a heatsink) but it looks a lot like the speaker grill on the moto d1 & d2. It's rumored to have dolby virtual surround sound, and you would probably only benefit from the dolby virtual srs with it on it's side & the kickstand extended.

What do you think? Does the above hold water or am I overthinking it?:thinking:

Upvote 0
I was looking at the newly leaked photos of the Thunderbolt, and I noticed something.

On the pics of the back, just above and to the side of the dual led flash, there are two pin holes. I was reading about the leaked photos on another tech blog (bgr or engadget maybe) and one of the commenters said having the speaker behind the kickstand was a fail. I'm wondering if the two pin holes are the speakerphone, and maybe the speaker behind the kickstand (if that's what it is) is for media and is activated either by extending the kickstand or by a software button on the phone.

It may not even be a speaker behind the kickstand (some have speculated a heatsink) but it looks a lot like the speaker grill on the moto d1 & d2. It's rumored to have dolby virtual surround sound, and you would probably only benefit from the dolby virtual srs with it on it's side & the kickstand extended.

What do you think? Does the above hold water or am I overthinking it?:thinking:

I actually wondered the same thing as the EVO speakergrill (which is louder than any handset I considered & one reason I chose it over the Nexus S) is near this location but for reference has 17 holes so thought those two higher holes here could also be noise canceling mics, guess we'll find out soon enough..

An engadget commenter also speculated about additional forward facing speakers beneath the Android menu buttons..again imagine this with dual core functionalty, hope it gets specced & reviewed asap:cool:

P.S. -If 720p EVO video-audio capture quality was better I wouldn't be as eager to learn more about this & dual cores handsets..I haven't heard that the Desire HD camcorder is significantly better than the EVO so lets hope this is more than just a cosmetic handset change for Verizon with LTE radio..

Upvote 0
Ohh just a friend of mine at Verizon... ;)
Where can i score one of those?:D
I need a source at Verizon too :) I feel left out LOL
+1
Who says that Super AMOLED 2 won't debut along with the HTC Incredible HD, huh?
Well knowing Samsung they way to greedy to let anyone debut their screen but them (not that i disagree with what your saying)
I'm not too excited about dual-core phones...battery technology is where I'd like to see innovation.
^this
So, for my next phone, I care about squeezing a 2100mAh battery in the size of a 1500mAh battery. If manufacturers can do that, I'll be impressed.
+99999999999
Can't wait for this phone! I'm fortunate enough to be in an LTE city!
Me too! Can't wait for more details
Sorry if I'm behind the curve, but I don't feel like reading 13 pages of posts haha. Does anyone know the specs of this phone?

Processor, internal memory, what's it's running? :p
Jan 6 maybe you will hear something concrete

Upvote 0
Where can i score one of those?:D

+1

Well knowing Samsung they way to greedy to let anyone debut their screen but them (not that i disagree with what your saying)

^this

+99999999999

Me too! Can't wait for more details

Jan 6 maybe you will hear something concrete

Battery technology will not change for a while. They are still figuring out small quirks with Li-ion. Dual cores are here NOW. So, asking for a dramatic battery technology discovery is pointless. Asking for this phone to have dual core is reasonable and expected. I really don't know why you would skip on such a boost.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones