• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[RELEASED] The 4.3 inch "Thunderbolt" aka "Mecha" aka "Incredible HD" from HTC...beyond coming soon!

crimton

Android Expert
Apr 1, 2010
TN
http://webchat.freenode.netGorgeous, mysterious, EVO-ish HTC device headed for Verizon Boy Genius Report
HTC Incredible HD to be officially named Thunderbolt 4G? | BGR | Boy Genius Report
HTC Thunderbolt for Verizon Shown Off in Pictures - SlashGear
htc-thunderbolt-accessories-start-popping-up-online
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q77ncYFWs9c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXUS3N-yulk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1700JYgFPLU
9f4346e7d7324bdec1a13dcd82d92.jpg

bc9b5f4ffc27409169006191dae59.png

f6582ae7c6c3147dacdff6c5e28b7.png

http://www.htc.com/us/products/thunderbolt-verizon
http://network4g.verizonwireless.com/#/latest
The Thunderbolt™ By HTC, The First 4G LTE Smartphone For Verizon Wireless Arrives March 17

ThunderBolt™ by HTC Available Beginning March 17 for $249

03/15/2011

BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Verizon Wireless and HTC today announced that the ThunderBolt™ by HTC, exclusively from Verizon Wireless, is available on March 17 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for $249.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.

Powered by Android™ 2.2, the ThunderBolt by HTC is the first smartphone to take advantage of Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network. The ThunderBolt by HTC features the latest version of the HTC Sense™ experience, which offers enhancements including new personalization options, a consolidated e-mail inbox, and unique camera effects and filters. The ThunderBolt by HTC is equipped with support for Google Mobile Services, including Gmail™, YouTube™ and Android Market™ with thousands of free apps. Additionally, the ThunderBolt by HTC will feature 4G LTE optimized apps such as EA’s Rock Band, Gameloft’s Let’s Golf, Tunewiki and Bitbop.

Additional features:

4G LTE – customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage area
4.3” WVGA display
8-megapixel rear facing camera and HD (720p) video recording
1.3-megapixel front facing camera with video chatting capabilities
Newest generation of the 1GHz Snapdragon processor
Mobile Hotspot capability – share 4G connection with up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices
8 GB of onboard memory and a pre-installed 32 GB microSD card (Actual formatted capacity will be less)
Built-in kickstand for easy media viewing
With the ThunderBolt by HTC, customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a 4G LTE data package. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 monthly access and an unlimited 4G LTE data plan start is $29.99 monthly access. Mobile Hotspot allows users to connect up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices to the nation’s fastest wireless network via an application available on the ThunderBolt by HTC.

Mobile Hotspot will be included through May 15 for no additional charge. After May 15, customers may choose to activate Mobile Hotspot for $20 for 2 GB of data per month. Customers can track their data usage by downloading the My Verizon app available in Android Market or by logging on to their My Verizon accounts online at www.verizonwireless.com/myverizon.

phone looks cool, but the way my upgrades go (i gave my wife my incredible so i can have hers in january) the lte devices will be just announced at ces so ill stick with my fascinate definetly until then.

if this is basically a cdma desire hd though battery life is gonna be really bad.

engadget said the 1230 battery is terrible in the desire hd

Upvote 0
Man. I certainly hope that they've got something figured out with their battery problems. That larger screen is really going to suck the life out of it. Of course, I don't think they ever really acknowledged that the Incredible sucks at battery life.

Yeah samsung has done pretty well with battery atleast for the fascinate anyway my inc was awful on battery hopefully HTC worked something out to get some better battery life otherwise this phone will be a big let down in that department

Upvote 0
Yeah samsung has done pretty well with battery atleast for the fascinate anyway my inc was awful on battery hopefully HTC worked something out to get some better battery life otherwise this phone will be a big let down in that department

Damn, I must have been one of the only people that got AWFUL battery life on his Fascinate and good life on his Incredible. 2 Different Fascinates and 2 Different Incredibles and the Incredible got much battery battery life on both.

I'm really hoping they stick with the same battery the used in the EVO , the small battery from the Desire sounds like a horrible idea

I'm also hoping it's got more internal storage

Upvote 0
Really looking forward to this phone... I'm not committed to any one phone yet, as it will be my first Android phone, but I'm pretty much set on either this phone, the original Incredible, or the EVO 4G. I've tested out the phones a bit in the past, and I just like HTC's Sense UI over some of the others out there like Motoblur and such. I'm replacing a 6yr old dumbphone, so I really don't need the latest and greatest, but I want to get a phone that will last as well, as I'm usually gentle with my phones and I don't live off them like some do :p (no offense to those type here!)

Anywho, Should I continue to wait on this one, or look elsewhere? :)

Upvote 0
Really looking forward to this phone... I'm not committed to any one phone yet, as it will be my first Android phone, but I'm pretty much set on either this phone, the original Incredible, or the EVO 4G. I've tested out the phones a bit in the past, and I just like HTC's Sense UI over some of the others out there like Motoblur and such. I'm replacing a 6yr old dumbphone, so I really don't need the latest and greatest, but I want to get a phone that will last as well, as I'm usually gentle with my phones and I don't live off them like some do :p (no offense to those type here!)

Anywho, Should I continue to wait on this one, or look elsewhere? :)

If you have Verizon and don't need a physical Keyboard and want a massive screen this is going to be the best available phone on Verizon. If you want a keyboard the HTC Merge is rumored to come out the same time which looks like it's almost a clone to the Tmobile G2 (but with Sense) which has a keyboard and 3.7" display. If you don't want a Keyboard or huge screen the Incredible is the way to go.

Sounds like you're going to keep your phone for a few years , I'd try out all of the phone you're considering and pick which one you're going to be the most happy to live with

Reactions: Ares_EMS
Upvote 0
Sounds like you're going to keep your phone for a few years , I'd try out all of the phone you're considering and pick which one you're going to be the most happy to live with

That's sound advice no matter how long you plan on keeping it... I really think that's part of the reason why Google's Nexus One didn't sell better, was because consumers couldn't try out the phone beforehand or demo it in a store.

Ideally, I'd love to keep the phone a few years, but the shelf life of these smartphones is only about 2-3 years at best. Just look at some of the older phones on the market, like the Eris or the original Droid.. they seem archaic compared to current phones, not to mention most apps being released on the marketplace will be optimized for current phones.

In the end, I think I might hold out for this Incredible HD, just to see what it turns out to be.. Most are saying it will be similar to the Desire HD, I hope it also includes an HDMI out on it.. it'd be nice to occasionally view content on my HDTV as well. I don't really need a keyboard, as on-screen keyboards work for me. However, I have to admit, the G2 is probably one of the best keyboards I've tried. The keys are quite comfortable to the touch, and light years beyond the keys on the original droid :p

I just hope this phone releases before the end of the month, I'll be traveling some in December, and having the phone, especially with Google Maps and navigation will be essential for me.

Just out of curiosity, why did you return your Fascinate?

Upvote 0
Just out of curiosity, why did you return your Fascinate?

It was honestly one of the worst phones I've ever used. I thought maybe I got a bad one so I returned it and the 2nd one was even worse. AWFUL battery life, very laggy, just the button layouts, no physical joystick or track ball, bad heptic feedback, GPS didn't work right, and also not much for Dev Support . Nothing like the HTC devices get.

The Fascinate had a much better build quality then the Incredible and it has an amazing screen. Also the bigger screen made typing much easier ... I had really high hopes for the Fascinate and I tried everything to make myself like it but it just didn't work out. I actually still have the Fascinate as I didn't return it intime, so it's sitting in my desk . I'll probably sell here soon but no rush

Upvote 0
I heard it had snapdragon msm8660 dual core 1.2ghz processor. Anybody heard this.

Incredible HD is based off the Desire HD and is using the QSD 8655, which is 1ghz with an Adreno 205 GPU on the 45nm process. Same CPU performance as the current 1ghz Snapdragon (N1, Desire, Incredible, etc.), but better GPU, and better battery life.

Upvote 0
Damn way to be a buzz kill
ha

hehe..
sorry.

I just thought it would be best for people to know the truth and not feel the way I felt after I found out the microsoft courier is not a real product...
tough love !
:)

So, does anyone have any idea regarding these features?

-pre-installed maps.

-htcsense.com integration.

-Dolby Mobile and SRS virtual surround sound.

- touch-focus video recording.

will they be available on the HTC Incredible HD?

thanks !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones