• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reliability of the Incredible?

rdalcanto

Android Enthusiast
Nov 18, 2009
I plan on switching from my Moto Droid to the Thunderbolt. But, my coworker has the Incredible, and it died on her. The replacement Verizon sent her doesn't work either. Makes me nervous about getting an HTC phone. How has the reliability been for others (I realize an "n" of 1 doesn't mean much....)?

My first one was fine until I took it in the ocean on accident. Now my new replacement from the insurance is fine too.

Replace "took it in the ocean" with "dropped it, did not notice, and accidentally ran over it because I thought I left it in the car", and you have my sentiments.
Great phone. Even with the new phones out (not necessarily coming out, but the ones already out), I would buy it. I think it is still one of the best phones on the market. That says a lot for a phone that is almost a year old.

Nkk

Upvote 0
I am certain that when it comes to cars/phones/computers/women, etc, some people get ALL the bad luck. I've had my phone since the release date without much problem. But you hear from people on these forums that are on their 6th ones. Some people may indeed have some bad luck some of these people are either finicky, or don't know what they are doing.

On ANY phone you can easily find the horror stories. The difference is if it is indicative of the entire model. In the case of the Incredible, I can say there is not a model-wide problem that should be a deal killer.

Upvote 0
I've had my Incredible since a few days after launch (about 8 months now) and I love it.

The only problem I've had was when I got the dreaded "Out of Space" error message and had to do a factory reset. But to be fair I had well over 200 apps, and that was before FroYo so none of them were on my SD card.

I'd highly recommend the phone.

Upvote 0
I've had the out of space issue and rebooting issues with mine. I love the phone and have had it for 3 months, but just had to do a factory reset yesterday because the phone got itself stuck in a permanent reboot cycle that even pulling the battery and leaving it out for an hour wouldn't fix. Kind of frustrating, but overall it's a great phone.

Upvote 0
I bought incredible in june. the only issue I've had was the phone rebooting. Which was only slightly annoying, and verizon warranty replaced. I'd recommend this phone to anyone.

And on the topic, I've had this phone and an htc wing, and I know people who have 2-3 year old g1s, a mytouch 3g, mytouch slides, evos...never had one break (ok...i broke my wing trying to glue a crappy 3rd party battery door on. It had been off contract for 6 months, and it was my own fault :) ). No reliability issues. Any one who says htc phones are either had REALLY bad luck, or are lying.

Upvote 0
I had an incredible but the sound quality sucked bad... I returned it for a fascinate.. and I really regret it. This phone sucks compaired to the incredible. I think I just got unlucky with the first phone I had.

I'll be trading this phone back in for a HTC inter. Or the thunderbolt. In my opinion no one makes a better smart phone than HTC now days.

Posted from my lame ass fascinate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones