• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reliable online player

ukrkoz

Jul 8, 2011
Hi all

I have Samsung Droid Charge and started streaming music.

I am opened to honest suggestions on a RELIABLE online player. I tried Winamp, that will not happen again, I am using AOR - A Online Radio player, which is OK, except that it runs for about 10 minutes and simply stops playing. Screen says "stopped". Sometimes it will come back to playback, sometimes I need to give it a nudge.

Basically, I am looking for a player that works well with Androids, stays connected and keeps streaming, is easy to operate, and has good choices, esp in international stations.

Thank you

nice! thank you.

I did some reading, and everyone raves about AOR that fails me so much. Also, I found Tunewiki and gave it a shot. So far, in about 2.5 hr non stop streaming, it dropped station once. That's very impressive. Output volume is quite low, otherwise, I am quite happy with it, as it has LastFM, Shoutcast, and something else built in, and I already have well manicured custom station set with LFM.

Now I am trying to figure out how to improve volume output. Yes, of course, the battery... I have chargers everywhere, he-he...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones