1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Reliable online player

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ukrkoz, Sep 21, 2011.

1. ukrkoz

ukrkoz Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 8, 2011
    Hi all

I have Samsung Droid Charge and started streaming music.

I am opened to honest suggestions on a RELIABLE online player. I tried Winamp, that will not happen again, I am using AOR - A Online Radio player, which is OK, except that it runs for about 10 minutes and simply stops playing. Screen says "stopped". Sometimes it will come back to playback, sometimes I need to give it a nudge.

Basically, I am looking for a player that works well with Androids, stays connected and keeps streaming, is easy to operate, and has good choices, esp in international stations.

Thank you

Advertisement

2. anthgav

anthgav Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Darlington, UK
  3. ukrkoz

ukrkoz Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 8, 2011
    nice! thank you.

I did some reading, and everyone raves about AOR that fails me so much. Also, I found Tunewiki and gave it a shot. So far, in about 2.5 hr non stop streaming, it dropped station once. That's very impressive. Output volume is quite low, otherwise, I am quite happy with it, as it has LastFM, Shoutcast, and something else built in, and I already have well manicured custom station set with LFM.

Now I am trying to figure out how to improve volume output. Yes, of course, the battery... I have chargers everywhere, he-he...

4. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert
    None

Jan 27, 2011
    I use "Pandora" where you can customize your stations and listen to your music on your desktop as well. What I have noticed is the player will pause/stop when the signal is interrupted. (This is normal.) I can listen for hours without problems when the signal is good.

5. ukrkoz

ukrkoz Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 8, 2011
    trying not to turn this into actual radio stations discussion, but I'll pass on pandora. I used them for several yrs off my pc, lastFM beats pandora by far.