• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Relishing the "ahhh..." moment of success, thanks dudes

trau

Dec 15, 2009
Hey guys, friendly neighborhood lurker here, nothing really to offer or ask... just enjoying a victory and a big weight off my shoulders. I decided to root the other day when I noticed the apk that did it all for you. I'm running EE4.0 and being a hackintosh user, I couldn't for the life of me get adb or my mac terminal to work to talk the phone into playing along with apps2sd.

Anyway, this is kind of a broad thanks to the community here, since through poring over a series of different posts I can't for the life of me track down again, I found a way to move my apps and dalvik cache to my SD card after about 2 days of hours of fruitless effort.

Seeing my internal memory leap back up into triple digits was a sight for sore eyes... tension released. It was good. I'm not very tech savvy, but I can fumble around and enjoy the hell out of it.

So complain about the useless post, whatever whatever, I just didn't want my appreciation to remain as quiet as I normally do!

TRAU

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones