1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Relock lg stylo h631 bootloader

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Lg stylo h631 bootloader, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Lg stylo h631 bootloader

Is there anyway to relock a bootloader on lg stylo h631 running 6.0 after its been unlocked? It has never been rooted just unlocked bootloader.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #6 by Sudhanshu kumar, Dec 23, 2016 (1 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. Sudhanshu kumar

Sudhanshu kumar Well-Known Member

Hey there

Welcome to AF :)

Well according to me there's a way to relock ,

You'll need to use fastboot, which is provided in the CF-Auto-Root zip file, and also available standalone and packaged with lots of other software. It's part of the Android SDK Tools / Platform Tools, which can be installed on Windows, OSX, or Linux.

Note: If you've installed a custom ROM or kernel on top of rooting, you'll want to flash the necessary stock versions with fastboot or possibly through TWRP/ClockWorkMod Recovery.

In order to re-lock the bootloader:

Reboot your phone to Bootloader ModeConnect the USB Cable to your computer.Open a Command Prompt (Terminal on Linux or OSX)Navigate to the platform-tools directory inside the unzipped CF-Auto-Root directory.

Use the following command, depending on your OS.

Linux: ./fastboot-linux oem lockOSX: ./fastboot-mac oem lock
    Windows:
    fastboot-windows.exe
    "oem lock"

One thing to note here : once bootloader is unlocked ,it can be easily unlocked back by typing the command : " oem unlock-go"

But still after relock, your warranty remains void :)

Thanks

#2 Sudhanshu kumar, Dec 23, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  4. haelinicole

haelinicole Lurker

Would you possibly know if i need to file a claim on it bc of cracked screen will assurant deni my claim? I have tmobile jump on demand n pay for the protection plan.

5. Sudhanshu kumar

No , Once your phone is unlocked, it will no longer be covered by LG warranty :(

6. haelinicole

haelinicole Lurker

Its not a.warranty claim. I thought there was a difference in warranty claim and a device protection claim where i pay the deductible and get a refurbished one.

7. Sudhanshu kumar

This thread here by LG explains everything about of unlocked bootloader ,even according to them there is not turning back ( means bootloader cannot be relocked )

http://developer.lge.com/resource/mobile/RetrieveBootloader.dev?categoryTypeCode=ANRS

Yeah so the answer is No ,sorry for the above answer ,but yeah it does lock the bootloader but it's just a virtual lock( not really locked like it was earlier )

Miuguel likes this.
  8. Sudhanshu kumar

I dunno think if it has anything to do with bootloader ?

9. haelinicole

haelinicole Lurker

My phone works fine it just has a cracked screen and in order to.upgrade it has to be fixed so they said i need.to file a claim pay the deductible and then i cant give it back and.upgrade