• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Remapping the Button Layout Progress

It seems like a couple of people
have found out how to remap the buttons for the LTEvo and remove the menu bar.

This is good news for people who disliked the BACK,HOME,RECENT APPS layout and especially the Menu Bar that pops up. One developer has made it so that the user can choose what each button does as-well as the longpress.:cool:

Oh, I'm also assuming that CriticalCritic is ecstatic about this recent development.;)

EDIT:Thanks for moving this to the ideal place EarlyMon

UPDATED: New thread. He says you need to be on a Deodex rom(Can someone help me and explain what that is?)

One developer has made it so that the user can choose what each button does as-well as the longpress.:cool:

Oh, I'm also assuming that CriticalCritic is ecstatic about this recent development.;)

You have no idea, lol.

Btw, where's that selective mod? I saw someone mention it, with a screen shot, in the xda thread a few days ago, but they didn't say where it was from.

Does this mod require s-off?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones