1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tips [Reminder] Verizon Still Has Ext Battery @ 24.99.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gapi, Jan 25, 2012.

1. gapi

gapi Android Expert

Just a reminder the 2100mAh can still be had for $24.99 @ Verizon online. Just do not login to do it.

Advertisement

kool kat2 and DeathBySnooSnoo like this.
  2. Thanks for the reminder. I just bought one.

3. sk8142

sk8142 Lurker

4. gapi

gapi Android Expert

Set Your Location

Shop by brand \ Samsung\ click on the nexus \ choose "view all recommended" \ scroll through the list. On my screen its the bottom left.

Add to cart, and bingo.

DO NOT BE LOGGED IN!

5. BubbaNexus

BubbaNexus Android Enthusiast

or go to the store and get it immediately at that price. lol

it's been on sale since the shortly after the release date.

6. vasilator

vasilator Well-Known Member

Does the extended battery fit with the original cover? Or does it come with another cover and if so, How much bulkier does that make it.

7. gapi

gapi Android Expert

It comes with a cover. I found my OE to fit better so I only need one.
    You just have to try them both.

The thickness difference has to be measured to see it. You can just feel the weight being a little bit heftier.
    I like it.

8. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Android Expert

I just got mine yesterday day :)

as for the thickness, if you looks at your stock Nexus from the side, you can see the cover "curve in" at the bottom where it attaches. With the "new" cover it goes straight across.

My VZW silicone cover fits fine also.

9. ghosthunter

ghosthunter Member

How much of a difference do you find with extended battery?

10. gapi

gapi Android Expert

I have not done a test by the numbers so all I can say is that its a noticeable difference. Enough that I opted for the 2nd spare be the extended.

I like to keep a spare in the car and one in the house.

11. ghosthunter

ghosthunter Member

Ok maybe I pick one up after work.

I did pretty good with stock battery, 17h with 2 hours of on screen time and still 38% left.

12. BubbaNexus

yeah some people have the original cover, i tried it too. way too tight of a fight for my comfort level.

the extended battery SEVERELY limits the selection of cases that will fit it, and offers little extra in battery life. returned mine.

13. gapi

gapi Android Expert

I'm calling BS on that one. You can hardly tell the difference. Guess your gonna have to see for yourself eh?

14. Shockwave78

Shockwave78 Android Enthusiast

is there a charger that will charge this battery out of the phone?

15. gapi

gapi Android Expert

That one charges the phone and the back battery at the same time. Look at the pics you can see the two contact points on the Back Bay.

16. gapi

gapi Android Expert

Sorry. Wrong post. Do a search under my name. You will find a desktop charger that does it all. I posted it two or three days ago.

17. BubbaNexus

i did see for myself-tried 8 different cases ;)

call it what ya like :cool:

18. gapi

gapi Android Expert

Your talking a 1mm or less difference dancing boy! Heh! I call em like I see em.

19. BubbaNexus

you can be rude all ya like, but how many cases have you tried? :cool:

20. gapi

gapi Android Expert

Just bumpin ya. I have tried the otter box and a clip on at BB. Both went on fine. But only two.

21. quiklives

quiklives Android Enthusiast

I think this must just be really subjective. I have two cases, and they both fit great with the extended battery. (The Incipio two-piece from the VZW store, and the Cruzer Lite TPU Androidified case from Amazon)

And I'm getting incredibly improved battery life, far more than the extra 13% mAh can really account for. So much so, in fact, that I'm beginning to believe that my standard battery was just bad. I'm now getting about 20 hours on a single charge, with 3-4 hours of screen on time. (No 4g though, as I'm not in a 4g area) Before, I couldn't get through 12 hours without plugging in.

gapi likes this.
  22. gapi

gapi Android Expert

Yeh. Me Too.

23. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Android Expert

As far as cases it does limit the amount of cases that work

The Verizon Kickstand case doesn't fit properly .. The Casemate Barely there doesn't fit at all also the Feather case doesn't fit

The VZW Silicon fits , the Diztronic fits and the Seidio active w/ kickstand fits and actually fits better with the extended battery cover as with the stock cover the charger and headphone jack are slightly misaligned IMO

24. vasilator

vasilator Well-Known Member

I am about to pick another battery up but isn't it kind of a pain in the ass taking off the case and the back cover off the phone.

Granted I know it's only once a day but I remember the first time I took the back off of the phone I thought I was going to break those pins in the side.

Thoughts

Tags: