• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reminiscing...

rootabaga

Android Expert
Aug 11, 2014
Crazyville, CA
No, not the song by LRB.

I was thinking back tonight about some of the music I heard growing up, and one of my favorite songs was "Everybody Loves Somebody" by Dean Martin. He was a terrific singer and entertainer (as well as a hard drinker) and this old clip is him right in his wheelhouse. He plays a bit with the lyrics (the censors of that day must have been really nervous!!) and tells a could of jokes, one of which had me quite literally laughing out loud.

And hey, the first movie star I can really remember is the Duke, and here's a clip of him teaming up with Dean not in a movie (though they did that, too), but in song.

So when you reminisce, what songs spring to mind? I'll add more of the thread gets interesting. ;)

No, not the song by LRB.

I was thinking back tonight about some of the music I heard growing up, and one of my favorite songs was "Everybody Loves Somebody" by Dean Martin. He was a terrific singer and entertainer (as well as a hard drinker) and this old clip is him right in his wheelhouse. He plays a bit with the lyrics (the censors of that day must have been really nervous!!) and tells a could of jokes, one of which had me quite literally laughing out loud.

And hey, the first movie star I can really remember is the Duke, and here's a clip of him teaming up with Dean not in a movie (though they did that, too), but in song.

So when you reminisce, what songs spring to mind? I'll add more of the thread gets interesting. ;)

I was a fan of Beyond the Sea by Bobby Darrin.

Smoke Gets Into Your Eyes by The Platters.

"IF" by Bread.

Madman Across the Water by Elton John

Stairways to Heaven by Led Zeppelin

Dedicated to The One I Love by The Temprees

Happy by Eddie Kendricks

Time by Alan Parsons Project

And most of the theme songs in The Wizard of Oz.. just to name a few:)

Oh and Reminiscing by the Little River Band

Last edited:
Reactions: rootabaga
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones