• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help remote Android app?

anime_master

Lurker
Nov 30, 2014
I am looking for an app that would allow me to fully control my phone and any apps on it, such as kik messenger, from the PC. There is very specific criteria that must be met. I need an app that can run through a USB connection, not wifi. I do not have home internet, and if I try to connect through my router, the phones internet will not work, so i would not be able to use any apps that require internet. I want to get notifications of new messages on the computer, (not a must, but would be nice) and be able to respond using computer keyboard instead of phones. I've looked all over and haven't had any luck. Everything is wifi now. if anyone knows an app please help. I have a Huawei H868c, (crap phone, I know), and it is rooted.

I am looking for an app that would allow me to fully control my phone and any apps on it, such as kik messenger, from the PC. There is very specific criteria that must be met. I need an app that can run through a USB connection, not wifi. I do not have home internet, and if I try to connect through my router, the phones internet will not work, so i would not be able to use any apps that require internet. I want to get notifications of new messages on the computer, (not a must, but would be nice) and be able to respond using computer keyboard instead of phones. I've looked all over and haven't had any luck. Everything is wifi now. if anyone knows an app please help. I have a Huawei H868c, (crap phone, I know), and it is rooted.
Hello and welcome to the forums . I have to ask have you tried a Bluetooth keyboard. I haven't seen anything like that most of them may have mirror image and you can control the phone from your computer/laptop . you may try to see if cmd /Linux commands since you need it USB

Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to the forums . I have to ask have you tried a Bluetooth keyboard. I haven't seen anything like that most of them may have mirror image and you can control the phone from your computer/laptop . you may try to see if cmd /Linux commands since you need it USB

I don't have bluetooth keyboard, an sadly don't have the extra money for one. Besides, what I'm looking for is Ability to view and use the apps on computer without touching or looking at the phone. I don't have linux installed, and I'm not sure how cmd would help. I've already tried airdroid and teamviewer. Both require wifi. I mainly want it so I can run kik from computer. I could get an Android emulator, but would b4 left without internet, since my only internet is my phone. I don't think tethering Would work. My carrier blocks it, but i can get around that. The problem is reception stinks where i live. The phone barely manages, but when tethered data speeds are almost non existant. I haven't tried tethering, but I will of no one here can help. Last resort.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones