• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Remote Control and Interface Issues (Matricom G-Box Q Quad/Octo Core XBMC/Kodi Android TV Box)

Mehrkat

Lurker
Jan 16, 2016
Hi All,
I tried to see if I had enough information to be helpful before I asked for help.

I have a Matricom G-Box Q Quad/Octo Core XBMC/Kodi Android TV Box I am currently using the default program though I have tried to use a couple of android phone remote apps.

I really like the box its an overall superior experience the watching experience is much more positive. I'm currently using the standard programs: Amazon, Youtube, Hulu and Netflix with dreams of adding HBO and couple of other programs. Everything installed like a dream.

The issue I have may not be solvable but it has to do with the interface. A lot of the programs want me to use the "mouse" to select movies. Instead of being able to arrow over by item I have to move the mouse to select and its very slow.
It also prevents me from arrowing over to change the selections present on the screen.

1. Is this fixable or is this just something with the way the android app works?
2. Are there android apps that don't do this? (IE different versions of the Netflix app for instance) If so how do I identify and figure them out?
3. Is there an overall android app that will overlay on the program and let me more efficiently select?
4. Is there a type of remote that I can use the "mouse arrow" more directly either by pointing to the screen or using some sort of interface? If so how do I recognize one that does this
5. Is there a phone app that would let me do this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones