1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Remote desktop Android ↔ Android

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Mikail87, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Mikail87

Mikail87 Lurker
    None

Aug 14, 2017
    Male
    Hello everyone

I've set up an single board computer with KitKat installed.
    This is going to be connected via HDMI to a TV. (to be set up in a gym room).

Now, I want to control it by using my own Android smartphone.
    Mostly to run YouTube (play, search, ..) VLC (play songs) and Chrome.

I've tried TeamViewer and it works ok, but everytime I close the remote app on my smartphone, the QuickSupport on the board computer closes too. So this isn't working for me.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to make my life a little bit easier :)

Thank you
    Mikail

EDIT:
    My main challenge is to understand why I can't cast to another Android device on YouTube.
    for example:
    Tablet Shield K1 has YouTube, my smartphone has YouTube.
    The tablet is displayed on a table and I want to remote controle youtube on the tablet with my smartphone.

This isn't possible, unluss you start up chrome and add a tv, with pair codes... This isn't the right way imo..

Advertisement

#1 Mikail87, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    sweetndreemy73 likes this.
  2. LV426

LV426 I say we take off and nuke this place from orbit

Oct 16, 2015
    Male
    Software developer
    South West of England
    I can't offer any advice on why your setup isn't working properly, but can I suggest using a Raspberry Pi, if your intention is to build a cheap media centre device? I have a Pi running Kodi, connected to my TV, and it's working really nicely as a media player. I even connected an IR receiver which allows me to use an old TV remote with it.

3. Mikail87

Mikail87 Lurker
    None

Aug 14, 2017
    Male
    I have a server (i3, gigabyte) that runs linux with plex. So that's the media centre device.
    The OrangePi was meant to watch youtube (music, other, ..) in my gymroom and play music from the media centre.
    So i figured installing android was the way to go, to have a simple gui and that i can control with my smartphone (espacially youtube)... but this seems incredible diffucult!

OrangePI does have a IR reciever, though i think i'd be best off with a wifi keyboard/touch something something...
    Now i'm doubting to just install Armbian instead en controle linux desktop with my smartphone (I know this is possible straight away)

sweetndreemy73 and danacochran54 like this.