1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Remote Desktop App

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Stoney62, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Stoney62

Stoney62 Android Enthusiast

So, I've searched the entire forum for desktop apps and found only one post that has any mention of a remote desktop for the Note. It mentioned RDP, but my question is has anyone used SplashTop remote desktop HD or the less expensive non HD version for the Note 8013?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. 13ilgal

13ilgal Well-Known Member

I was fortunate awhile back and managed to snag Splashtop when it was only .99 (don't remember the promotion). I played around with it when I first got it and haven't really used it enough to comment. I will say that my tab and the PC paired without trouble and I was truly able to see/control my PC apps and files from the tablet.

3. Caveman419

Caveman419 Android Enthusiast

I use Pocket Cloud RDP client to remote into my work desktop along with a Cisco VPN client. I got SplashTop free from Amazon's app store, but have never tried it.

4. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

Loads of apps like that out there. Do not search the forum for apps, search Play Store.

Team Viewer is also one of them.

laconic55 likes this.
  5. laconic55

laconic55 Lurker

Oh that is the best news I've heard in days. I love Team Viewer.

I'm enjoying Android more every day.

6. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

Not only you can rdp into a PC, but also into another Android device running TV :)

7. Stoney62

The point is, who is using which one effectively on the N8013. But again, there isn't any mention of any remote desktop apps in any forum post except the one I've already mentioned. I'll take a look at team viewer.

8. Royalott

Royalott Newbie

I just bought myself a Samsung Galaxy Tab note 10.1 for Christmas and loaded the Splashtop HD, I had to pay a little under 9 bucks for it and love it. I can even go to newsgroups on my PC, download movies or any other files and they are there when I get home. I am sure you could just drag them into Dropbox and have them on the Tab too.

I love the App

9. Stoney62

Thanks, what I'm having a problem with is excel spreadsheets can't be fully formatted using any of the android office apps I have installed. I.e., copying formulas to adjacent cells. I might need to do that via a remote desktop using the ms excel on my computer.

10. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Android Expert