1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Remote Desktop App

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by mystik1, Oct 16, 2014.

1. mystik1

mystik1 Well-Known Member

I have been using XtraLogic Remote Desktop app for some time. I really like the way the app works, but the performance is quite poor in comparison to Google's Remote Desktop app. I like the virtual mouse option rather than touch screen operation. Is there a remote desktop app other than Google's that has that and great performance? I like Google's app for what it has, but the lack of clipboard sharing, arrows, and such has me eager to find something else.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Android Expert

Check out TeamViewer.

3. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Android Expert

I've been using (free) TeamViewer forever. It has good performance. TeamViewer's touch interface makes your finger the mouse. I don't think there are arrow keys (at least not on my version).

4. mystik1

mystik1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions! I am trying out TeamViewer. I don't know why I didn't try it sooner. I have used TeamViewer a lot on PC to help my mother, but I don't think I even tried the mobile version. I guess I thought it worked like on PC where you had to enter a different code to login, but now I see you can create an account and login easily. I am going to see how it goes! Thanks again. :)

5. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Android Expert

Hope it works out for you.

FYI: With TeamViewer you can set up an account that works with all of your TeamViewer devices so that you can basically just click on the icon from one of your (PC/Mac/Linux-PC) clients to start a session with any of them.

And if you ever want to control an Android device FROM another TeamViewer device, you can install the TeamViewer QuickSupport app (but it's not available for all Android devices).

Good luck!

6. iqra6500

iqra6500 Newbie

Is it working or not?