1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Remote Desktop Application

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by appleaj, May 6, 2010.

1. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Mechanical Engineer
    USA

Advertisement

atmn77, clipperqb and nnatic like this.
  2. nnatic

nnatic Active Member

Apr 4, 2010
    i dont have my phone yet.. can someone please download this and save the installer off so that i can be sure not to miss this?!

I would so greatly appreciate it!!

3. clipperqb

clipperqb Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Male
    I just d/l off the Market, works great. says stops working on 5/31 so I'd assume it'll be available to d/l until then.

4. thisiisnick

thisiisnick Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Just downloaded it also. Awesome app, thanks.

5. elroy jetson

elroy jetson Active Member

Apr 11, 2010
    i guess this is due to the lack of flash... I use them with my work pc's. having a couple issues, hopefully they will resolve them...easier than lugging my laptop around

6. atmn77

atmn77 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Thanks OP. I was looking for a free way to remote connect. I'm assuming this is a trial, and we'll have to pay eventually?

I've noticed a lot of bugs, and the design is a bit clunky. But it's a beta so I suppose that's to be expected.

7. answerman

answerman Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Appleton, WI
    Depends on what you want it for, but in my case it's a business expense. I paid $20 for the Xtralogic Remote Desktop app, and am absolutely thrilled with it. I use it to manage 4 web and mail servers for the hosting company I own. The best part of it is the way it turns the screen into a touchpad... you can move the cursor around with your finger and tap to click. I've set up hosting accounts for clients on my phone while sitting at a restaurant... priceless.

veloslave likes this.
  8. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

If you are a bit more tech savvy you can also setup a VNC server and client for free. RDP is the easiest for the minor cost though. What's really a shame is that there isn't a MS mesh client. Maybe Logmein works from dynamic ips. That's what's nice about mesh vs RDP. RDP you basically need static ips to find your servers.

9. Yaksha

Yaksha Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    I already have VNC working great between my phone and my computers.

I was wondering, does anyone make an application that let's you log into your phone from your computer?

10. confluence

confluence Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    phonemypc works well. $9.99 from the market. supports multiple monitors, keyboard, left click + right click, windows shortcuts, and more. Pretty much the only thing i cannot do is drag n' drop and get sound. it is a perfect for getting stat tracker from my phone, too. i use it all the time to set tv recordings on my windows media center from my phone.

11. mas100378

mas100378 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Minnesota
    I was just curious why you would choose Logmein vs VNC or Remote Desktop, which is what I happen to use.

12. melophat

melophat Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    vnc tends to have screen refresh times that are way too slow for me.. thats why i like rdp.. anyone know a way to get around this or if vnc between the phone and computer is a little cleaner?

13. corywf

corywf Member

May 3, 2010
    What VNC app are you using for the dInc? I have androidVNC installed but can't get it to connect

14. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

There's also SWIftp which is an ftp server for the phone. You can transfer files back and forth using an ftp client on a pc. Works over wifi or 3g.

15. greg_HTC

greg_HTC New Member

Dec 18, 2010
  16. nnatic

nnatic Active Member

Apr 4, 2010
    i looked at this one this evening, but you have to open the site on the computer, then you can sign in... and there is a timeout... how do you set it up with anytime access.

I really wish there was just a free rdp app. you wouldnt think it would be so rare. :(

17. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
  18. rogergrand

rogergrand New Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Admittedly, I have used LogMeIn Ignition — full disclosure and it works well. Also, I've used regular LogMeIn, and I guess I outgrew it. Now I use RHUB servers for Web conferencing and remote access / support. Plus, RHUB is only a one-time cost.