• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Remote desktop with phone to use as remote

Cubanluk88

Lurker
Apr 9, 2011
So I have looked at a few apps and I have been using xtralogic to connect to my laptop with my phone.

My laptop is connected to a 32" laptop that I use as a second display. However, when I remote desktop in, the phone becomes the only display and the laptop/tv screens both go black. If I disconnect, I can go back to the laptop and everything I was doing is there, but I can't view them while the phone is connected via RD.

So my question is, is there a way I can use my phone via remote desktop as a remote? Essentially, can I somehow maintain displays on the laptop/tv when I am connected via remote desktop so I can see what I am doing on the phone displayed on those 2 screens (or even just one).

Thanks in advance.

Depending on how down and dirty you want to get with the tech, you can use Android vnc viewier.

android-vnc-viewer - VNC viewer/client for Android platform - Google Project Hosting

You'll have to setup vnc on the laptops yourself though. There are also a number of serives out there that you can try but I haven't tried them and like to do things more myself. But probably other people in this forum will chime in with ideas on those.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones