1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Remote desktop with phone to use as remote

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Cubanluk88, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Cubanluk88

Cubanluk88 Lurker
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    So I have looked at a few apps and I have been using xtralogic to connect to my laptop with my phone.

My laptop is connected to a 32" laptop that I use as a second display. However, when I remote desktop in, the phone becomes the only display and the laptop/tv screens both go black. If I disconnect, I can go back to the laptop and everything I was doing is there, but I can't view them while the phone is connected via RD.

So my question is, is there a way I can use my phone via remote desktop as a remote? Essentially, can I somehow maintain displays on the laptop/tv when I am connected via remote desktop so I can see what I am doing on the phone displayed on those 2 screens (or even just one).

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    Depending on how down and dirty you want to get with the tech, you can use Android vnc viewier.

android-vnc-viewer - VNC viewer/client for Android platform - Google Project Hosting

You'll have to setup vnc on the laptops yourself though. There are also a number of serives out there that you can try but I haven't tried them and like to do things more myself. But probably other people in this forum will chime in with ideas on those.

3. TheBrit

TheBrit Android Expert
    None

Aug 25, 2009
    UK
    You could try Gmote