• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Remote Functionality of Wired Headphone Questions

zapjb

May 17, 2011
Remote Functionality of Wired Headphone Questions.

I use a wired headset on my Eris. I've tried 3 different mic'd headsets. One an HTC, another a Blackberry & finally a MEElectronics. I can listen & be heard on all 3.

On none of these do the remote functions work. Using the headphone only, I want to be able to answer & then end the call.

Am I missing a setting on the Eris?

Or are there any specific make & model of wired mic'd headphones that the answer/end call button works properly?

Thanks.

Remote Functionality of Wired Headphone Questions.

I use a wired headset on my Eris. I've tried 3 different mic'd headsets. One an HTC, another a Blackberry & finally a MEElectronics. I can listen & be heard on all 3.

On none of these do the remote functions work. Using the headphone only, I want to be able to answer & then end the call.

Am I missing a setting on the Eris?

Or are there any specific make & model of wired mic'd headphones that the answer/end call button works properly?

Thanks.

If you are running the Eris stock or have a 2.1 based ROM this functionality does not exist. It wasn't until Android 2.2 that the ability to answer calls and make calls using only the earpiece was added.

Reactions: zapjb
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones