1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Remotely access Android from PC no pre-configuration?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ddranimestyle, Jan 14, 2013.

1. ddranimestyle

ddranimestyle Lurker
    None

Jan 14, 2013
    Hello, I need to help a friend with her phone because she doesn't know much about smartphones. I want to remotely access her phone from my pc but I won't have physical access so the usual apps that display a server IP or password or require any sort of configuration beforehand won't work for me. She really doesn't want any involvement on her part, so is there any app that will allow access to the phone pretty much automatically on installation, or utilize some other form of entry of access such as her gmail account? I have her gmail information at least.

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    I can't think of anything that wouldn't require some sort of interaction/setup on her part. That's a massive security risk to have an app that once installed, allows total remote access with no user intervention.

100% she doesn't want to have to do anything? If yes, I'm pretty sure your options are non existent, sorry. :(

3. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome
    None

How remote are we talking OP? If it's within range of the router that's on the PC's network, you could try Airdroid.

4. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Android Expert
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I'm going to presume your not on the same wireless network, since you would be able to get physical access at that point.

I won't say such apps don't exsist but you probably need to go into some shady parts of the Internet to find them. Yeah, your friend is just going to have to get involved or do without whatever your trying to help with.