1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Remotely uninstalling apps?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by graleyheace, Jul 25, 2013.

1. graleyheace

graleyheace Lurker

Hello! I'm new.

My phone has been stolen and I would like to uninstall some of the apps on it. I know you can remotely install apps from Google Play and have done that with the likes of Plan B, Android Lost etc. However, I'm on a HTC Wildfire x and internal storage is so low that I doubt there is any space left for those apps. On top of that, I can see from my Google Play "Installed Apps" section that the thief has installed around 7 apps. Knowing my phone like I do, I doubt it had space for all of these, but they're certainly standing in my way of finding the phone.
    I would also be happy to uninstall ANYTHING I've already got on there, Snapchat, Instagram etc. I don't care about these, I can reinstall anything once I get it back.

I'm sure this has been asked before, and according to an article I read from 2012 **here** this was possible a year ago. But I can't seem to do it now.

Any help in any of these problems would be greatly appreciated. And I feel like we're on the clock as it's only a matter of time before this person thinks to remove the SIM card.

Judging from the apps they've installed*, I doubt they're a criminal or technological mastermind.

*Without being mean: "How to Draw Angry Birds", "Angry Piggies" and several other cheap knock offs of Angry Birds (which doesn't work on my phone anyway, it's too big and the Android system doesn't support it. Which is the older one? Jellybean? Then that's what it is).

thanks in advance for your help and for allowing me into this community!

Advertisement

2. Hi graleyheace,

You could do it in 2012 but for some reason Google removed the feature to do that. If your phone still has space on it, go onto the Google Play Store website and install Find My Device. There is an option to erase all of the data on your phone so you could do that...

That is the thing that I'd do if my phone was stolen.

Also, I can't see my reply on the Android Forums app so is there anybody who knows how to fix that?

#2 Answerer of questions, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2017