1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Remounting an SD card that won't mount automatically

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Radar Laughing, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Radar Laughing

None

Apr 20, 2016
    Male
    I have a Verizon Turbo Droid 2 running Android 6.0. Recently, for some reason, my 64 GB external micro-SD card unmounted, and I have been unable to remount it.

Most of the data stored is recoverable from other sources, but, some is not. I've tried removing the card and reinserting it, and also tried to read it directly from my PC (Windows 10). If I connect the phone using a USB cable, I can see the internal storage from my PC, but, not the micro-SD card.

I have also inserted another card, and the phone sees it just fine.

I've looked on the net for info concerning programs for reading Android micro-SD cards, but everything I've found assumes you wish to read the card while mounted in the phone/tablet.

Any information I find on mounting the card manually starts with "Format the card".

Does anyone have any suggestions about mechanisms for reading the card directly from my PC, remounting the card, or recovering data from the card?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert
    None

Jan 11, 2013
    Assuming you can't find a laptop/PC with a card reader, you can get USB/Micro-SD readers for under a $1 on ebay, e.g.:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-Hig...781146?hash=item2ca6219a9a:g:iQIAAOSwUdlWek3K

It actually sounds like the card has been corrupted though, given your phone can read other cards. Have you tried the dodgy card in someone else's phone?

Having said that, you would probably have more options for data recovery using a PC - to find out more about that, Google is your friend ;)