• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Remove a scratch ?

Wenneguen

Jan 8, 2010
Hi everyone,

I made a big scratch in the middle of my HTC Hero's screen using the back of a spoon.
( I discovered the screen worked with a spoon... )

:)>:thinking:>:eek:>:mad::mad:

Here are the photos :

Do you know if it is possible to remove it ? ( displex... ? )
Is it possible to change the screen or just the sctratched part ? ( how much does it cost ? )

Thank you very very much ! :(

16258570040394_cran_allum_1.jpg

Hi Wenneguen,

Ouch, that's got to hurt!!!

I'm not sure how suitable this is going to be for a touch screen, but I remember when I had my Creative Zen player (which scratches very easily!), a lot of owners were raving about a product that's designed to remove scratches from screens. It's called "Applesauce Polish" (I kid you not) and is supposedly brilliant.

Anyway, here's a link to their website. I'm not sure where you live, but I believe Amazon also sell this stuff.
Applesauce Polish Restores the Original Finish to Your iPod

I hope it does help.

Cheers,
Jim

Upvote 0
DON'T use T-Cut! It will absolutely massacre your screen!

I would think you have damaged the coating on the screen, so I suspect that, unless you're lucky and the screen protector masks it, other things won't. Beware of the polishes and things; I don't know if there is an actual layer on the screen which is the capacative layer, or the whole things is. If you polish the scratch out, you may be doing more harm than good...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones