1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Remove an uninstalled app from the “Complete action using” list

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zoandroid, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Android Expert
    None

May 28, 2010
    Ohio - USA
    I am still seeing apps that I have uninstalled in the “Complete action using” list on my new un-rooted V20 when I tap a file to open it, and don't have a default app set.

I had tried an older version of Thinkfree Office (which won't run on the V20 and instantly force closes) as well as AndrOpen Office, and finally settled for WPS Office to handle some of my spreadsheets. Unless I set WPS Office as the default, the listing for Thinkfree Office persists in the “Complete action using” list, despite that I used the Settings/Apps to Uninstall Thinkfree Office. It's kind of annoying that it is still there. Is there a way I can remove it from that list?

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    Do a system cache wipe

Zoandroid likes this.
  3. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Android Expert
    None

May 28, 2010
    Ohio - USA
    Thanks! I googled how to do that on the V20, cleared the cache data in the Settings for Storage as it said, rebooted the V20. But nothing changed. Thinkfree is still there. So I went looking for it in Settings/Apps, and for some unknown reason it is still listed? I already uninstalled it once. I tapped its Stop and Uninstall again. Seemed to take a really long time compared to what I usually see, but now it isn't in the app list anymore. And it is now gone from the “Complete action using” list. I guess I never got uninstalled on the first try.

Thanks for the help!
    :)

dvddms537 likes this.

LG V20

The LG V20 is a flagship that launched in September 2016. The device launched with Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box. The phone featured a 5.7-inch Quantum IPS display, Snapdragon 820 chipset, dua-rear cameras,a secondary display, and more.