1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Remove Apps

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Past_it, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Past_it

Past_it Lurker

Hi All App Avids.
    I have downloaded 3 apps that won't work for me I therefore wish to remove them.
    I've held my finger on them and dragged them to the 'Remove' position, rebooted the phone, but they are still there.
    Have done this several times.
    Any suggestions would be welcome.
    My Phone: HTC Wildfire

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Keep your finger on them for a little longer when they are in the remove position and you will be given the option to uninstall them.

Hope this helps. :D

Past_it likes this.
  3. peterluo

peterluo Newbie

APKinstaller may help you to uninstall the apps

Past_it likes this.
  4. Saltine713

Saltine713 Android Enthusiast

Just go to settings--applications--manage applications--select which app you want--click uninstall.

If you see them on the home pages, then those are just the shortcuts. Then check the app list to see if they are there.

Otherwise, they might be malicious apps.

5. Past_it

Past_it Lurker

Thank you, did not work but one of the other replys did.
    Regards

6. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

This is NOT a feature of sense (wish it was though) I think adw launcher and maybe LP this might be true
    This^ :)
    I prefer to use app2sd cause it seems to load a little quicker then the 'manage apps' menu....

glad you figured it out though

7. To me e.g. the Facebook and Twitter apps are bloatware. I don't use them and don't want them. So I want to uninstall them to reclaim memory space. But they aren't even listed in 'settings', so they cannot be selected or uninstalled.
    A few apps, like Facebook and Twitter, were pre-installed by the phone manufacturer. They cannot be removed (at least not on an unrooted phone). So, effectively, the phone manufacturer robs us of memory space: we've paid for it but never got it. That is fraud in my book.

App2SD doesn't list nor uninstall the Facebook or Twitter apps either.

8. Past_it

Past_it Lurker

Thank you, worked a treat.

9. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

Right, for exactly the reason you posted, pre-installed... without root NOTHING uninstalls them??:thinking: