1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Remove Apps?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Edx, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Edx

Edx Newbie

Hi i just got the galaxy ace yesterday, its my first android phone

I was wondering is there any way to uninstall pre-loaded apps? for example 'Win Cash!' which i'm never going to use, but i don't want to root the phone if i don't have to (not that i fully understand what rooting is anyway :p)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Marcha

Marcha Well-Known Member

Hi Edx,
    Preloaded apps can't be removed without rooting, unfortunately. And by rooting you'll probably lose warranty. So you'll have to decide what works for you.

3. Edx

Edx Newbie

Okay thanks, i'd rather keep my warranty, is there any way to hide apps?

4. velascomike

velascomike Lurker

Ed,

Had the same problem with unwanted carrier apps, I also don't want to root my Ace (not for the moment). May I suggest LauncherPro is an application launcher that has many nice features, among them is hiding apps in the app drawer. It is free and works great on the Ace.

Hope this helps.

5. ACEsq

ACEsq Newbie

GO launcher allows you to hide apps on the menu, you can get it on the market and adjust the settings to hide what you won't use.

6. insekticide

insekticide Well-Known Member

I agree, GO Launcher is the best alternative launcher app that will let you hide apps and even more. I could not live without it.

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews