1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Remove Assistant search bubble from home page

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by LB123, Oct 10, 2020.

1. LB123

LB123 Lurker

My new Pixel 4a has the assistant search bubble natively on the home page but I want the Google search bubble with the microphone instead. I can put a search widget on any other side screen but I want it on the Home page. I have looked around and not found a solution. Please help! I don't like the assistant. My carrier is Fi.
    Thanks,
    Len
    San Diego, USA

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Long press on the assistant on your screen and choose delete.
    If that doesn't work you'll need to install a different launcher, such as nova launcher, from the play store

PitCarver, MrJavi and Hadron like this.
  3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Google's launcher has certain features that Google wants you to use hard-coded and unremovable. On my Pixel 2 that's the Google search widget, but I have Assistant completely disabled so it may be different for you. But if you really want to control your own home screen you need to use another launcher rather than Google's one.

(Disclosure: this is why I do not use Google's launcher. But I fired it up the other day to test something, so I know that's still what it has on my phone with android 11).

MrJavi and Dannydet like this.
  4. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

Nova Prime. I've been using it forever, very customizable!

PitCarver and Dannydet like this.
  5. LB123

LB123 Lurker

Thank you all for your suggestions I am going to install Nova Launcher this morning.
    Len

PitCarver, Dannydet and MrJavi like this.
  6. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Just make sure you set nova launcher as default, and play around with it, you can customize your entire home screens as you like. You can even download icon packs from the play store and use those as well

Clementine_3 likes this.