• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Remove bloatware

I am a bit lost, how is everyone removing these apps? Is it via another app from the market or via their CPU DOS commands similar to how the phone was rooted ?

you can either go in from the adb shell and change to /system/apps folder and them run the rm (file name) command to delete it

or run a file manager app like astro and go to the /system/apps folder to delete it.

On another note, would someone be able to host a copy of the preinstalled .apk files?

I was messing around in astro, then suddenly the phone rebooted, when it came back up, majority of the pre-installed apps were all gone! include backup assistant! So if someone can put it up somewhere that would be greatly appreciated! :)

Reactions: jr0065
Upvote 0
you can either go in from the adb shell and change to /system/apps folder and them run the rm (file name) command to delete it

or run a file manager app like astro and go to the /system/apps folder to delete it.

On another note, would someone be able to host a copy of the preinstalled .apk files?

I was messing around in astro, then suddenly the phone rebooted, when it came back up, majority of the pre-installed apps were all gone! include backup assistant! So if someone can put it up somewhere that would be greatly appreciated! :)

I haven't ran DOS commands in so long. One day into tinkering with my ex, I may be an expert by the weekend! :)

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I was running my rooted x all day , try to shut off the phone for a reboot , and now it stuck on the droid "eye" on boot up. i did use titanium backup to remove a few programs, i left restorebackup assistant on , i removed 3g wifi and a few other programs , i was able to run restore via power button and home keys. booted into safe mode entered info, then power off , same issue... any suggestions

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones