1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Remove Carrier Logo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by annevoid, Nov 28, 2011.

1. annevoid

annevoid Lurker
    None

Nov 28, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Hi! I hope I've posted this in the right place. I appreciate this forum as I've recently become obsessed with Android phones. Has anyone who owns a Galaxy S2 managed to remove the AT&T logo from the phone? Doing so, I think, would enhance the appearance of the device.

Also, has anyone heard any information regarding Samsung improving the build quality of its phones? An SGS2 in a Motorola Razr like body would be phenomenal. As it is, I still prefer the S2.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert
    None

Jan 3, 2010
    Male
    Jr. I.T. Support Tech @ Amazon
    Plainfield, Indiana
    I am not sure how you could remove the logo on the back, maybe alcohol would work? Also I wonder if I am in the few but I think recent Motorola phones have been hideous.

I don't like the Razr or the Photon look or feel. If they went back to the Droid, Droid X style I like they look and feel. I personally hate the shiny new look and how they angled the newer phones.

I actually love how light and and the material on the back of the Samsung Galaxy S II.

But everyone has different opinions.

3. annevoid

annevoid Lurker
    None

Nov 28, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Hi. Thank you for you reply. It's the front logo atop of the bezel, I would like to remove. Have you any ideas regarding this?

I agree with you somewhat regarding the Razr. I'm not partial to the look but I do like the materials and construction. The phone feels sturdy.

4. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Android Expert
    None

I'm pretty sure the Samsung and AT&T logos are in a layer inside the glass, so they can't be removed. Not to fond of where the AT&T logo is placed myself, that's why I bought an International version instead -- well that and I save $20 a month on Unlimited Data. ;)

annevoid likes this.
  5. NoWalls

NoWalls Lurker
    None

Nov 30, 2011
    I agree 100%. The logos, including Samsung's, distract from the "experience". Many might not disagree, but they act like a branding; literally. Its like having a billboard in front of your face while trying to enjoy a movie or program

I've also haven't found anything. I believe the logos are some where below the surface of the glass; otherwise I would suggest acetone (it dissolves everything). I've thought about covering it w/ a small square cut out of one of those screen films darkened w/ a marker? That might turn out worse if done badly though.

An extreme solution: if possible, how much to replace the glass w/o any logos?

annevoid likes this.
  6. jfdav

jfdav Lurker
    None

Nov 16, 2011
  7. Baldilocks

None

It's not getting very good reviews though.

8. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Android Enthusiast
    None

May 11, 2011
    Owner
    Jacksonville, FL
    Are we loosing track that the phone is a tool and not a fashion statement? There are way more serious things going on than stressing out over the logo on your phone. Are you people working for a living, students or unemployed? I would expect this at the iPhone forums but . . . . .

9. Baldilocks

None

Would you buy a car with bumper stickers all over it? It's pretty much the same idea. Nothing ridiculous about it.

10. acp

acp Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    I want the international one so bad, I've always hated the 4 buttons on Android phones, I'm pretty sure I can sell this AT&T one and buy an International one without losing much money if any.. Is your phone covered by a warranty? How did you save $20/month on unlimited data?

And I agree the logos look horrible and have terrible placement.

11. Baldilocks

None

I just bought the warranty thru the eBay buyer.

AT&T doesn't recognize it as a smartphone. I can get the $10 Data Unlimited for Non Smart-Phones.

12. YellowSS06

YellowSS06 Lurker
    None

Nov 28, 2011
    The other issues thing is a good point, but at the same time it's kind of moot. We went out and bought a $200+ "tool," so that kind of goes against the logic at the same time. Anyone with this phone, or any similarly priced phone isn't too concerned with those other world issues. There are the few that simply don't care, and buy this phone and neglect other responsibility. But for most of us, we are doing okay if we were able to purchase this device and do it responsibly.

Regardless, I would gladly keep the Samsung name on the phone, but get rid of the AT&T logo if it was doable.

13. greggebhardt

None

May 11, 2011
    Owner
    Jacksonville, FL
    I am betting from your data usage that AT&T will figure it out quickly!

14. Baldilocks

None

Why? I use less that a 500MB a month. See, shows how much you know about other peoples data habits....

Now, why pay $25 for 2GB a month, when $10 a month covers what I need?

15. greggebhardt

None

May 11, 2011
    Owner
    Jacksonville, FL
    Honesty?:eek:

16. csreborn

csreborn Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 11, 2009
    I did this on the N1 for AT&T for some time, eventually I got an email and they converted me to a smartphone plan lol. But I changed SMS settings to trigger it.