1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General remove default apps on Samsung corby i5500 (android 2.1)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by santipalenque, Oct 18, 2010.

1. santipalenque

santipalenque New Member

Oct 18, 2010
    Hi there,
    i recently bought this smartphone and wondered if there is any way to remove some default apps without messing up everything...
    i read somewhere that i must have root access to do so.. but have no idea how to achieve that. As far as i could get was accessing a list of all apps installed (downloaded and default) but only being able to clear cache on default ones. I hope that if i login as root maybe i have an option for uninstalling these apps (as i have on downloaded ones)
    If anyone has any idea of how can i remove these apps or login as root user please tel me!!

thanks!

Santi

Advertisement

2. subpsyke

subpsyke Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Use Universal Androot to root the phone: [APP] [ROOT] 1-click root for N1 (Latest ver: 1.6.2 beta 5) - xda-developers
    Use Titanium Backup (from the Market) to remove applications.

Note: rooting and removing default apps may cause your phone to become unbootable or void your warranty. Although I run a rooted phone (and custom firmware), I would urge you to do some research before proceeding.

Edit: bloody hell, I didn't notice the date of the OP. Sorry for the necromancy ;)