• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help remove facebook contacts from phone list?

So, just to clarify: Is there no way to have ONLY the facebook contacts you want synced and none of the others? Been through a load of times, successfully deleted everyone, no problem. But if you then try to manually link up through the People app and you have not synced your contacts at all then when you try to sync to a contact you want to sync with every search will say "no contacts".

I take it, then, that it's all or nothing, you can delete all your FB contacts or you can show all your FB contacts but you can't sync only with your real friends and leave your FB "friends" off? I know you can hide the visibility of them, but when I bluetooth connect with my car phone system it shows everything, whether it's "hidden" or not in various apps. I want to sync up with my real friends' FB accounts without then getting in the car and being presented with 50 options to call people I only know on facebook.

Is it still all or nothing? It's not terribly clear, cos some people do talk about then manually syncing up through the People app to folks you want to sync with, but I can't do that as there are "No contacts found".

Upvote 0
Been trying those steps posted for 3 days now. Still the contacts were in my phone. Happened to ask the question on fb and got these steps. And yes it worked. Fb contacts are No longer clogging my phone book.
Using the FB application I did this.

1) sign on to Facebook.

2) touch settings.

3)Scroll all the way to the bottom. To "other settings"

4)click on "sync contacts"

5) underneath will say "don't sync."
if it doesn't say that. Then you have activated the sync contact option.

Hope this helps any future questions.

Sprint EVO 3D

P.s. I also have in regular phone settings. 2 Facebook settings.
the regular Facebook which works best.
And Facebook for HTC sense which never wanted to upload my photos.

Upvote 0
go to
-Settings
-Acounts & Sync
-facebook
-remove account
-remove
-click on the box that says background data so the box is UN CHECKED
-log back into facebook
-it will ask for contact sync.
-don't sync
-done
-something will pop up and say "turn on back ground sync" click cancel.
-go to home screen
-go to contacts
- something might pop up, hit cancel.
--it should be gone now, enjoy! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones