• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Remove google account

325i

May 14, 2010
I have created a new google account that i would like to replace the original one.

I have synced the new account but cant seem to remove the original. I get the following message,

This account is required by some applications. You can only remove it by resetting the phone to factory defaults. You do that in settings, under privacy.

Is there anyway to do it without resetting the phone? I dont want to reset it as i the phone is rooted, has custom rom with over 100 apps.

Samsung epic. I have both corporate exchange email and personal google account for personal calander, pics and email. my preferred email client for both is the samsung email client on the phone.

This is odd, I changed my google pw and now the account would not sync. I made the mistake of removing the email account from samsung email client. But It would not let me delete the account itself saying it was in use in another application.. when i went to the market ap pw asked for password and now google account sync works. But I can't re-add the email account to samsung email application says wrong pw or user

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones