1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Remove Google Talk Storage app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kaotix, Apr 28, 2010.

1. kaotix

kaotix Well-Known Member

I have Cyanogen 5.0.6 baked on MoDaCo with a lot of things stripped out.
    Having a task manager as well I can see what's running in the background, I've noticed that 'Google Talk Storage' is running constantly and reloads once killed.
    I do not have, nor want, Google Talk so I don't see why this app would continue to run even when killed. I would presume that gapps is reloading it but I cannot tell for sure.

Does anyone know what the apk name is for this so I can remove it from my device?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. ikon

ikon Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    L.A.
    I think it's /system/app/gtalkservice.apk I'd recommend doing an 'adb pull' first so you have a copy to reinstall later if you need it, then you can just 'adb shell rm /system/app/gtalkservice.apk'

3. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Boston Baby!
    +1 do a pull. Don't want to find out that was a necessary service and create a hassle.

4. kaotix

kaotix Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input guys, I just rename the apk to bak instead of pulling it off the device. I seem to have managed to remove the Google Talk Service.
    One thing I've noticed is that I had 'Google Search' showing up, which I removed. But now I have 'Google Search (Enhanced)' showing up.
    Does this load itself or something? Every time I end it, it reloads itself.

It sounds weird, but I really don't use any of the google functions other than gmail lol.

Tags: