1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Remove "hidden" account without factory reset

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AndroidHusband, Jan 5, 2022.

1. AndroidHusband

Hi All

Left a job recently and they allowed me to take the company phone.

All work accounts have been removed and I have signed into all my own personal accounts.

However when the phones lock screen shows, it still has my old work email showing. But this account doesn't exists in the phone or any app now.

What is going on ? How can I get the screen to show my new personal email address ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what do you mean "when the phone lock screen shows, it still has my old work email showing"????

it shows new mail from the old account? on the lock screen?

3. AndroidHusband

No. It's showing my old email ADDRESS under the clock on the lockscreen. But that address doesn't seem to exists anywhere else on the phone. I removed all accounts, and readded my own ones. So where does it get that from and more crucially how can I remove it ?

4. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Sounds like a lock screen message so someone can contact you if the phone is lost.

In the Lock Screen area of the phones settings there will be an option to add or remove the lock screen info.

Dannydet, ocnbrze and Hadron like this.
  5. AndroidHusband

Bingo !

Not quite sure when/who set that. It wasn't me !

Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  6. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Maybe the company did that as part of their setup?

I always put a "If found please contact xxxx@yyyy" message on my lockscreen as a precaution (where the email address is not the Google account used with the phone).

Dannydet, ocnbrze and AndroidHusband like this.
  7. AndroidHusband

Entirely possible.

I've now changed it :) to my personal email (again no suggestion of the Google account used).

Hadron and ocnbrze like this.

Galaxy A7 (2018) Forum

The Galaxy A7 (2018) release date was October 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.0" inch screen, 24MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Exynos 7885 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

October 2018
Release Date
Reviews