• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Remove HTC Droid Incredible Lockscreen

yankeeboy

Android Enthusiast
Nov 9, 2009
New York
I enjoy the WidgetLocker application, however I wanted to see if I was able to use the stock Vanilla 2.2 lockscreen instead of the HTC swipe lock which I despise. I saw some older posts on this for the Hero, but thought I would resurrect for us Incredible users.

I found this over on XDA and it is a very simple pre-zipped way of removing or adding the lockscreen without entering the ADB shell. Props to MachString over there as I had no part in creating this.

Download to SD Card
Enter Clockwork Mod Recovery
Choose Install from SD
Choose the zip file on SD named HtclockscreenRemoval.zip

If you want to put it back, follow same directions with the other file.

For whatever reason, I have seen Quadrant Scores go from 1198 to 1218 since I have done this?? Hmm...

Also wondering if the swipe to answer call can be switched to stock if anyone knows...

I enjoy the WidgetLocker application, however I wanted to see if I was able to use the stock Vanilla 2.2 lockscreen instead of the HTC swipe lock which I despise. I saw some older posts on this for the Hero, but thought I would resurrect for us Incredible users.

I found this over on XDA and it is a very simple pre-zipped way of removing or adding the lockscreen without entering the ADB shell. Props to MachString over there as I had no part in creating this.

Download to SD Card
Choose Install from SD

For whatever reason, I have seen Quadrant Scores go from 1198 to 1218 since I have done this?? Hmm...

Also wondering if the swipe to answer call can be switched to stock if anyone knows...
Good find, but it had nothing to do with increasing your benchmark scores. They will change every time you run the program because conditions are never the same. Plus, 20 points isn't enough of a difference to even care about.

Upvote 0

Download to SD Card
Choose Install from SD

So far nobody has seemed to come up with a way of stopping the swipe to answer call thing (I hate it too!).

Kevin, the widgetLocker dev, posted a few days ago that he was working on a way to still have his lock screen display on incoming call, which would (presumably) then show the unlocked answer screen after the phone unlocked (green/red buttons).

There are a few things about sense that I find useful, but some of the little things like what you described are turning out to drive me nuts. If CM6 gets some of these remaining bugs like camcorder worked out, I might jump if I can get certain things worked out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones