• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Remove HTC Sense ?

J4M35

Lurker
May 3, 2010
Hey all im new to the forums here, i have had my desire for just over a month now really enjoying it.

anywayyy i want to remove the htc sense on the phone and just have the default the 2.1 theme.

how would i go about doing this, would i need to root the phone or is there an easier way to achieve this.

Hey all im new to the forums here, i have had my desire for just over a month now really enjoying it.

anywayyy i want to remove the htc sense on the phone and just have the default the 2.1 theme.

how would i go about doing this, would i need to root the phone or is there an easier way to achieve this.

I don't know much about the Desire as I haven't received mine yet but on my Hero I had a little app called home switcher which allowed me to switch to stock android underneath sense UI and set it as default. Of course it wasn't uninstalled so I could switch back to it using the same app, no rooting required. I imagine the Desire has pretty much the same structure, try it and let me know if it works.

Below is the link

Home Switcher v1.4 Application for Android | Tools

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones