• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Remove icon

When an app is installed, an icon appears on a screen. Not sure what this screen is called, so I will call it "Screen App"
I have added an apps' icon to my home screen.
How can I remove the icon from "Screen App"

Hope this makes sense

Thanks in advance
Simply push it until you see a trash icon, or if you are on ADW, touch it and it should have a remove icon down on the second menu.

Upvote 0
When an app is installed, an icon appears on a screen. Not sure what this screen is called, so I will call it "Screen App"
I have added an apps' icon to my home screen.
How can I remove the icon from "Screen App"

Hope this makes sense
Do you mean the "app drawer": an screen (or, usually, several screens) of apps which you bring up by either touching an icon in the dock or swiping up from the dock (depending on Android version and/or your particular setup)? Most people would leave an app there even if it is on their homescreen: the point of the app drawer is a place where you can find all of your apps, rather than just the more important ones which you might put on your homescreen. But as said above, if you really don't want it in both places you can install and use an alternative "launcher".

The launcher is the app that provides your home screens and the app drawer. Most people probably just use the one that comes with the phone, and many probably don't even realise that there is an app producing these screens and think they are part of Android itself (in fact most manufacturers use their own launcher app, so this is one of the things that is least standardised between different phones). But there are many alternatives out there with different features and options, and one option that many of them have is the ability to hide an app from the app drawer. I also use Nova, which has that ability, but so do many others. So you can do this, but you may have to install a replacement app and then set your desktops up again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones