• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root remove lockscreen?

jntdroid

Android Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2010
So I've been trying to "vanilla-fy" my phone as much as possible, to see if getting rid of Sense helps free up some memory and help it run a little smoother. Don't get me wrong, it runs well, but clearly when taking advantage of a lot of the widgets, it bogs it down. So I'm just tinkering...

Anyway, when I had a Thunderbolt and the Inc2, you could rename/remove htclockscreen.apk (going off of memory, might have been named slightly different) and it would remove the stock Sense lockscreen, revert to the stock Android slider, and every thing else worked fine. I tried that on my Sensation, and while it does remove the Sense lockscreen and revert to stock Android, it also makes it impossible to answer calls - it's like the lockscreen was somehow tied into the phone app maybe? The phone rings, and it just shows the lockscreen. You unlock it, and it has the screen that you see when you're actually on a call - so your only option is to end it, no way to answer...

I would try flashing No Sense++ or Flashable ROM Cleaner.

I don't know if that is going to do what you are going for. There was a new ASOP Rom released today: XBoarder MOD v1.0, looks like some things still are not working though.

I hope those Sense cleaners are going to work for you, make sure you follow the instructions well. If you don't have a ROM right now besides the Stock Sense, use Virtuous Sensation then flash No Sense++, hopefully that removes the lock screen.

I hope I helped! Let me know if anything works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones